TalkParrots.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my amazing Daily Desktop Pic for you!

Reactions: Mr Peepers

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMPRESSIVE photo here Sweet P.

Nature is just too wild sometimes!
There was a period in my fine art career where I did pen and ink drawings of sun dogs in a "historic medieval style" that captured a 'mystical feeling' -- but to gaze upon these photographs of moon dogs against the starry night skyscape seems to push me beyond words -- it's that genuine 'mystical feeling' au naturel. 💙

·
Super Moderator
5,932 Posts
There was a period in my fine art career where I did pen and ink drawings of sun dogs in a "historic medieval style" that captured a 'mystical feeling' -- but to gaze upon these photographs of moon dogs against the starry night skyscape seems to push me beyond words -- it's that genuine 'mystical feeling' au naturel. 💙
You are an Artsy Fartsy Lady there Sweet P ... I am a big fan of art and did a lot of pen and ink drawings myself in my OLDen days.

I have lost the touch to draw and create over time as I didn't really have the time to relax and paint or draw the last 20 years due to work and other obligations and it saddens me. I am currently working on an odd project I hope to frame and stick in a bedroom on a wall and I've been overwhelmed by my inability to doodle like I use to. I guess I am older now and I lost the feel for it not doing it for so long so that's part of it.

With covid and having to work and be home all the time I have the time I could possibly want or need to do this ... and its sort of strange to see I can't exactly express my art the way I could. I keep slugging along .... but I dunno. It may take me a year before I get it done.

I am using caligraphy ink cartridge pens on a matte paper ... the effect is interesting but ... I'm just not sure about it. 😕

LOL .... I was just scrolling through our NEW smiley's and low and behold .... we had an artist paint palette and a man and woman artist.

I was going to complain to management there wasn't an artistic smiley in the new bunch .... Now I can't complain. 🎨 👨‍🎨

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are an Artsy Fartsy Lady there Sweet P ... I am a big fan of art and did a lot of pen and ink drawings myself in my OLDen days.

I have lost the touch to draw and create over time as I didn't really have the time to relax and paint or draw the last 20 years due to work and other obligations and it saddens me. I am currently working on an odd project I hope to frame and stick in a bedroom on a wall and I've been overwhelmed by my inability to doodle like I use to. I guess I am older now and I lost the feel for it not doing it for so long so that's part of it.

With covid and having to work and be home all the time I have the time I could possibly want or need to do this ... and its sort of strange to see I can't exactly express my art the way I could. I keep slugging along .... but I dunno. It may take me a year before I get it done.

I am using caligraphy ink cartridge pens on a matte paper ... the effect is interesting but ... I'm just not sure about it. 😕

LOL .... I was just scrolling through our NEW smiley's and low and behold .... we had an artist paint palette and a man and woman artist.

I was going to complain to management there wasn't an artistic smiley in the new bunch .... Now I can't complain. 🎨 👨‍🎨
You said, "I've been overwhelmed by my inability to doodle like I use to." Well, I must admit, I've lost some hand control, as well, do to arthritis -- but I try to keep up my creative side any way I can. It's a fact that getting older can effect our motor ability, but there are ways to exercise our hands and fingers to keep them in working order. Here is a link to my DeviantART gallery ➵ Lady BatChic | DeviantART to show you that a creative soul is able to stay creative and fresh, no matter the age.
Oh, and Mr. Peepers, it's been recorded that many of the great artists in history have gone through stylistic changes through their lifetimes with highs and lows -- all part of being human and living life.

When I went through my stroke in 2014 -- it was a dark tunnel for me to crawl through -- vision impairment, memory loss, loss of fine motor control, and some general awareness of some screwy faulty wiring going on in my brain -- I could no longer write in a straight line, and forming words (scribbling something like writing) felt dyslexic to me. Even today, my handwriting style is smaller and in half-printing -- and this is coming from a fellow calligrapher.

But don't be afraid to pick up a pencil and play a bit on a drawing pad or some scrap paper. Just loosening up by playing with ideas can stretch the artistic mind. And I believe I am proof of this last statement. (somewhat LOL)

👨‍🎨👩‍🎨🎨 And as for the new emojis, it took me too long to find them, and I would have been lost without the "search tool." So, you see, I can complain about that. 😜

·
Super Moderator
5,932 Posts
You said, "I've been overwhelmed by my inability to doodle like I use to." Well, I must admit, I've lost some hand control, as well, do to arthritis -- but I try to keep up my creative side any way I can. It's a fact that getting older can effect our motor ability, but there are ways to exercise our hands and fingers to keep them in working order. Here is a link to my DeviantART gallery ➵ Lady BatChic | DeviantART to show you that a creative soul is able to stay creative and fresh, no matter the age.
Oh, and Mr. Peepers, it's been recorded that many of the great artists in history have gone through stylistic changes through their lifetimes with highs and lows -- all part of being human and living life.

When I went through my stroke in 2014 -- it was a dark tunnel for me to crawl through -- vision impairment, memory loss, loss of fine motor control, and some general awareness of some screwy faulty wiring going on in my brain -- I could no longer write in a straight line, and forming words (scribbling something like writing) felt dyslexic to me. Even today, my handwriting style is smaller and in half-printing -- and this is coming from a fellow calligrapher.

But don't be afraid to pick up a pencil and play a bit on a drawing pad or some scrap paper. Just loosening up by playing with ideas can stretch the artistic mind. And I believe I am proof of this last statement. (somewhat LOL)

👨‍🎨👩‍🎨🎨 And as for the new emojis, it took me too long to find them, and I would have been lost without the "search tool." So, you see, I can complain about that. 😜

I'm loving your DEV-Art page .... I like that its Abstract and Anime and new wave and the colors and textures in the detail are amazing. You are very talented and artistic Madame!

I will be spending some time checking this work out.

Don't fret about still finding your way around on the new board and finding things slowly ... I am finding things new almost everyday and smacking myself at how easy thing are on here posting ... even though I am lost when I try to do something as its all new and confusing.

We're all in the same boat!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm loving your DEV-Art page .... I like that its Abstract and Anime and new wave and the colors and textures in the detail are amazing. You are very talented and artistic Madame!

I will be spending some time checking this work out.

Don't fret about still finding your way around on the new board and finding things slowly ... I am finding things new almost everyday and smacking myself at how easy thing are on here posting ... even though I am lost when I try to do something as its all new and confusing.

We're all in the same boat!
Hey, Mr. P! I'm very glad you are enjoying my DeviantART Gallery -- and if you ever want to see my hidden (adult) content, just make an account on DeviantART (as an appreciator of art, if you don't want to upload your own content.) Becoming a member gives you special X-ray specs, so to speak, and with this Super-vision the website becomes extra-exciting! 😍
Now, some unspoken thoughts about this new version of Talk Parrots -- I absolutely love it! ❤️ I know the learning curve of a new technical design of an upgraded website/program might be hard to grasp initially, because we're kinda stuck in the old way of doing things but once those restraints are removed -- a whole new experience may be embraced.
I feel thankful that I am no longer getting locked out of this forum because I take a little longer than the average user making posts.🐌
Sometimes in the middle of creating a composition, another idea might layer over top -- and I might want to add an uploaded graphic to my post (because I am a visual thinker) and now that there are no time restraints to my posting creation -- I can feel less stressed and more in the flow which is a wonderful feeling.
And learning how to take advantage of my alerts has taken away the mystery of where all of our threads disappeared to. XD That had me confused big time at first. 😅
So, yes, this new vamped up Talk Parrots has a lot going for us -- and when this board becomes familiar territory -- we'll be able to throw away the guide trails and make it our sure-fire way of doing things.

It's been a blast posting content with you, Nick, and I treasure our exchanges. raises toast 🍷 Here's to more fun and frolic on Talk Parrots with our hands in the air, like we just don't care! 💃🕺 ~Sweet (Dee) Parakeet

·
Super Moderator
5,932 Posts
Hey, Mr. P! I'm very glad you are enjoying my DeviantART Gallery -- and if you ever want to see my hidden (adult) content, just make an account on DeviantART (as an appreciator of art, if you don't want to upload your own content.) Becoming a member gives you special X-ray specs, so to speak, and with this Super-vision the website becomes extra-exciting! 😍
Now, some unspoken thoughts about this new version of Talk Parrots -- I absolutely love it! ❤ I know the learning curve of a new technical design of an upgraded website/program might be hard to grasp initially, because we're kinda stuck in the old way of doing things but once those restraints are removed -- a whole new experience may be embraced.
I feel thankful that I am no longer getting locked out of this forum because I take a little longer than the average user making posts.🐌
Sometimes in the middle of creating a composition, another idea might layer over top -- and I might want to add an uploaded graphic to my post (because I am a visual thinker) and now that there are no time restraints to my posting creation -- I can feel less stressed and more in the flow which is a wonderful feeling.
And learning how to take advantage of my alerts has taken away the mystery of where all of our threads disappeared to. XD That had me confused big time at first. 😅
So, yes, this new vamped up Talk Parrots has a lot going for us -- and when this board becomes familiar territory -- we'll be able to throw away the guide trails and make it our sure-fire way of doing things.

It's been a blast posting content with you, Nick, and I treasure our exchanges. raises toast 🍷 Here's to more fun and frolic on Talk Parrots with our hands in the air, like we just don't care! 💃🕺 ~Sweet (Dee) Parakeet

Thanks for letting me know about joining up with DEV-Art and seeing other content not available to lurkers. I will do that.

I'm happy you like the new board and lay out ... its still got a few little bugs to iron out but the owner/managers/admin team are working at it and all should be smooth sailing soon.

It has been fun posting with you even on the old board but I'm happy to hear you have no more time outs ... I hate when that happens.

So lets have more fun and post a bunch more and maybe get some lurkers to join up and make this place more fun! 🥂

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for letting me know about joining up with DEV-Art and seeing other content not available to lurkers. I will do that.

I'm happy you like the new board and lay out ... its still got a few little bugs to iron out but the owner/managers/admin team are working at it and all should be smooth sailing soon.

It has been fun posting with you even on the old board but I'm happy to hear you have no more time outs ... I hate when that happens.

So lets have more fun and post a bunch more and maybe get some lurkers to join up and make this place more fun! 🥂
Well, dear Nick, I've finally got the knack of uploading my graphic stuffs to my Gallery, here on Talk Parrots, so if you'd like to check my Gallery out, it ought to bring some nostalgic moments for you.

I have to be careful posting my arts on DeviantART due to any copyright infringement -- but it is a looser arrangement on message boards -- because of the copy-pasta mentality of creating meme content, etc. Before I became a bona-fide digital artist of the webs, I did the tactile fine-art thing of creating collages and mix-media montages, using magazines and newsprint as my starting point.

And yes! Having other peeps 🐣 join us on this forum would be a blast! Until we rev up the fever for multiple posting, I promise to continue my end of mayhem because it's fun. :love:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts