Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was visiting my local dollar store and saw a decoration type thing...

It looked exactly like a bird orb.. And for 1 simple payment of 1 dollar. :giggle:

I also saw a whole bunch of other things that could be really good for toys and such so I'm going back tomorrow to buy things.. And make some adjustment to them but I'll post photos tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
that's awesome :D can't wait to see pics

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Oh yes! Dollar Tree is my favorite for homemade toy stuff!

·
Registered
493 Posts
I've bought several things at the dollar tree for making bird toys. But I've never seen a bird orb. That would be awesome! What section was it in? My birds love the one I bought for way more than one dollar.

·
Registered
993 Posts
like an orbiter? Or like a ball mine lover the orbiter as well, Im not creative with toys so I never know how to make them, im always scared Im going to buy something harmful at the dolar store I wish there was a dollar store safe list hahaha

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here they are.. before and after..

i combined some of them :)

with the blue rope.. i untangled the knots and rapped it around the decoration type thing :) INSTANT BIRD ORBITER!!!!!

the frisbee thing.. got turned into a swing :) lol

Attachments

·
Registered
993 Posts
woahhhh thats freakin awesome whats is the decoration and the rope blue stuff called, wow Im impressed

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well the orb thing was like a kinda dream catcher thing

lol and the blue robe was a dog chewtoy..soo.. if its safe for dogs to chew on.. it should be good for birds to chew on.. :)

i just cut the bird catcher decorations off.. the wrapped the rope around the rings and put it back togethor. :)

im going to go buy more.. maybe make some bird boings :D

·
Registered
993 Posts
Nifty I shall look for one of these double dream catchers thanks alot

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
i love those dog toys! i make so much with them haha i have a few boings made the same exact way :D the dollarstore is the best!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
those are awesome, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Dollar stores are great for finding stuff like that... BUT Be VERY careful as often times these items can contain lead, and that would be very bad for the birds. Also avoid anything made by Hartz (they are NOT pet lovers, and have no quality control and do not care if pets are injured by their products, as they often are). Our news station did lead testing on a ton of stuff (primarily cheap dollar store type items) and so many contained lead. Even plush animals, dog toys, and things like that! That's why I like to make my toys from all natural things.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hey thanks for this post. I bought two of the dog frisbee/rope thingies and made an orbit for my GCC. She LOVES it. I tied a bell and a toy on it. She gets so excited when I ring the bell and bobs her head up and down. :lol:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
That's great! Never thought about going the dollar store. That's a great idea.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.