Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I enjoy the YouTube Artists from Drawfee, who often play amusing drawing games -- creating interesting art/cartoon characters without any reference to the actual subject. So, it's playful interpretation with their vivid imaginations and creative talents.

• Love
Reactions: Mr Peepers

·
Super Moderator
6,319 Posts
I loved the HORNED Screamer! These people would be fun to play INK LINK with.

Ink link is no longer available but it was a Shockwave game online. You logged in and created a fake name and entered a room with 7 other people. The computer would pick a random person and give them a word of something they had to draw. You were the only person that saw the word when you were chosen. The 7 other people had to guess what you were drawing by typing in their answer correctly First! and beating the other players who were also guessing.

It was fun because some people were horrible at drawing and made a mess of their word ... other people couldn't draw because they used their touch pad of their laptop instead of a mouse and it was very awkward to do this, and others didn't win because they couldn't spell for the love of all things holy!

I miss Ink Link so much ... but luckily there are other games similar to Ink Link today so you can still play and have fun with a bunch of strangers.

I think what I enjoyed about it most was you could not type any vulgar swear words ... the Ink Link System had a block on words like Shit or worse. So people learned to type alternatives which were badly spelled and had extra letters and were phonic in sounding and were so funny because you knew what they were trying to say!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I loved the HORNED Screamer! These people would be fun to play INK LINK with.

Ink link is no longer available but it was a Shockwave game online. You logged in and created a fake name and entered a room with 7 other people. The computer would pick a random person and give them a word of something they had to draw. You were the only person that saw the word when you were chosen. The 7 other people had to guess what you were drawing by typing in their answer correctly First! and beating the other players who were also guessing.

It was fun because some people were horrible at drawing and made a mess of their word ... other people couldn't draw because they used their touch pad of their laptop instead of a mouse and it was very awkward to do this, and others didn't win because they couldn't spell for the love of all things holy!

I miss Ink Link so much ... but luckily there are other games similar to Ink Link today so you can still play and have fun with a bunch of strangers.

I think what I enjoyed about it most was you could not type any vulgar swear words ... the Ink Link System had a block on words like Shit or worse. So people learned to type alternatives which were badly spelled and had extra letters and were phonic in sounding and were so funny because you knew what they were trying to say!
I remember playing a drawing game similar to Ink Link, but I never managed to win a single game! >frustrated!< oO

I remember this particular user who would start drawing the same initial shapes no matter what the word/concept was -- just to hedge for more time. Actually pretty witty, when you think about it -- and this artist was confident that they could draw anything from their personal symbolic starting point.

I noticed a big difference when playing this drawing game if I had a pen + tablet system in play, in comparison with drawing with a mouse -- the mouse always felt clumsy and ate away the time I had to complete a timed drawing.

Yes, those games were rather fun -- but these days I'd much rather watch the Drawfee Art Team complete a drawing game on YouTube. Their personalities are delightful, and their humour addictive. Plus, I learn new art techniques as they draw.

Before I posted the link to their Birb Drawing Game, had you heard about their Drawfee Channel? Actually, it was my son, Alex, who knew about their Online Presence long before I was aware of them. They have created original characters that have become trending memes on the Internet -- adding to the jokes as they re-draw these characters and/or create new ones.

·
Super Moderator
6,319 Posts
I remember playing a drawing game similar to Ink Link, but I never managed to win a single game! >frustrated!< oO

I remember this particular user who would start drawing the same initial shapes no matter what the word/concept was -- just to hedge for more time. Actually pretty witty, when you think about it -- and this artist was confident that they could draw anything from their personal symbolic starting point.

I noticed a big difference when playing this drawing game if I had a pen + tablet system in play, in comparison with drawing with a mouse -- the mouse always felt clumsy and ate away the time I had to complete a timed drawing.

Yes, those games were rather fun -- but these days I'd much rather watch the Drawfee Art Team complete a drawing game on YouTube. Their personalities are delightful, and their humour addictive. Plus, I learn new art techniques as they draw.

Before I posted the link to their Birb Drawing Game, had you heard about their Drawfee Channel? Actually, it was my son, Alex, who knew about their Online Presence long before I was aware of them. They have created original characters that have become trending memes on the Internet -- adding to the jokes as they re-draw these characters and/or create new ones.

View attachment 24369
You are 100% correct that drawing with a tablet and pen was much easier and would have helped with a site like Ink Link ... but it would have made it impossible to reply and try and win guessing a word on a tablet. I actually preferred using the mouse.

Ink Link wasn't much about accuracy it was about trying to delay your drawing a little as we were timed for 30 seconds while drawing so you wanted to drag out the replies and make it more fun. You could draw a carrot and make it the worse looking carrot in the world and then write the name rabbit - tibbar .... backwards and watch the other users guess in frustration.

It caused such panic and anger and humor at the same time. I was there for the laughs.

I did know about Drawfee ... they are posted on Reddit's ''Contagious Laughter Sub'' often.

You can go and see a fast clip someone has edited and submitted for us to watch and I sit there howling with laughter while the guys draw and edit and make crazy comments and bust out laughing. I'm convinced they have all imbibed in some smoke or gummies before they record their clips. They really do fit in the Contagious Laughter sub of Reddit very well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts