1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
My birds love dried fruit, but they have been eating eat since they were little. Also, perhaps certain species like it better than others.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
My birds love it! Especially raisins. May be nanay is right. My budgies won't touch it xD

·
Registered
38 Posts
My conures LOVE dried fruit, it is their very favorite food, especially dried papaya (I call it "conure crack"). But, my tiels and parrotlets won't touch it and my linnies will only sometimes eat it

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I used to get seed at the Bird Farm for Kiki and they have dried fruit in their mixes. Kiki loves it! I've never seen my other birds eat it though.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I'm going to buy it and grind it to smaller pieces and put it in there food. :) See if there eat it then :)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Rachel,
My bourkes only eats certain types of dried fruit. Pomegranate is her favorite. It is really a little seed. Maybe that is why she likes that the best. As a grass parakeet, she really doesn't prefer fruit. She also likes strawberries, but, again, there are seeds in those that she can see and pick out. She also likes kiwi - but I think she is going for the seeds there, too. Those are the only fresh and dried fruits she eats.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
In that "Quick Lists" sticky thread I made, there's lists of foods including fruits in there. :)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If there called dried fruit how come some are softer then other?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Rachel,
I imagine it depends on the drying process as well as the fruit itself.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
In the Quick Lists, there's just fruit in general, not dried fruit.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In the Quick Lists, there's just fruit in general, not dried fruit.
It won't help if my birds won't eat it. :) I've never even tried fruit at all it's prolly because I barely buy fruit.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Rachel,
Since you have tiels and budgies, my advice, if you can find it, is to try pomegranate first. You might even have to break it up, but I have found the australian birds seem to like pomegranate the best.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rachel,
Since you have tiels and budgies, my advice, if you can find it, is to try pomegranate first. You might even have to break it up, but I have found the australian birds seem to like pomegranate the best.
I've never even seen a pomegranate before. Let alone in my store. I see apple bananas and grapes and stuff like that. :)

·
Registered
887 Posts
I put Sultanas in my lorikeet mix and they love them. They don't get alot of them in the mix. Some of my other parrots will eat dried fruit but not all of them.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Well, now I'm going to have to look up sultanas, lol.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
You can buy certain foods which are all dried fruits with various pulses and rice in there. My tiel seems to really like them. I'll try and link them to you when I'm not on my phone

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.