Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Yea I was thinking it was a ringneck to, I was just posting what the ad said :p
I figured! :lol: It surprises me how many people own birds and have no idea what kind they are. I get customers asking me what the best food is for their bird... when I ask what kind of bird I get "oh... um... it's green! maybe some yellow on it? it's this big!" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I figured! :lol: It surprises me how many people own birds and have no idea what kind they are. I get customers asking me what the best food is for their bird... when I ask what kind of bird I get "oh... um... it's green! maybe some yellow on it? it's this big!" :rolleyes:
oh wow, yea I couldn't imagine owning an animal and not knowing what it was :confused:, I mean why would you even bring it home and not know how it might act, or any of its behaviours...

I was looking at the add thinking "isn't that a ringneck..hmm I will post it as is and see what people say" :p

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
its an Alex and a MALE its a bit older than 2 lol
I looked again and you're right! People sometimes! :lol: I don't know if they're more expensive in Canada, but Alexandrine's are way less than that, hand-fed raised chicks so that is way too high a price! They're $400-500 down here. I really hope she will adjust her price and find a great forever home for her bird. If I lived up there, I'd consider it! They're beautiful birds!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I looked again and you're right! People sometimes! :lol: I don't know if they're more expensive in Canada, but Alexandrine's are way less than that, hand-fed raised chicks so that is way too high a price! They're $400-500 down here. I really hope she will adjust her price and find a great forever home for her bird. If I lived up there, I'd consider it! They're beautiful birds!

I was like:yikes: over the price. You can get hand raised babies from bird stores for around400-600 and from private breeders for around 200. I got Emma my female for 50 off craigslist. Now I am looking for a male so they can make babies.:biggrin5:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.