Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we have any members with an eclectus? They are very beautiful and unique parrots, I just love seeing photos, so I thought I'd ask! :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I WANT one. I want one soooo bad. :rolleyes: Considering they're about 900 bucks and a big upgrade in terms of size compared to what I have now, I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. :p

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
We've had them in at the shop I work at now and we used to breed them in the shop I worked at in Orlando. They're so cute as chicks! They're covered in black down, not white like most birds. So you can't tell male from female until they're a good deal older and the pins start to break open! They're very docile, with the females being a little more moody and demanding. They are actually good talkers and very sweet! I've never in the 6 years of working in pet shops, with breeders and grooming, met a nasty or vicious Eclectus! :lovehearts:

·
Registered
90 Posts
No i personally don't. I find their beaks a little scary. I don't know why when i've been around a macaw and bird sat a Vasa parrot for the summer. Now thats a stunning bird.

·
Registered
327 Posts
No i personally don't. I find their beaks a little scary. I don't know why when i've been around a macaw and bird sat a Vasa parrot for the summer. Now thats a stunning bird.
Bird birds do scare me a little, just the damage they COULD cause...anything up to a grey or a trained bird im fine with but if i dont know the bird i wouldnt go near it....at my store they have bird trained birds and as long as its in the open, you can play with it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Eclectus' are very quiet. At least the one's that my pet store boards. They scare me a little bit because I don't know what to expect, and they don't come up to greet you when you walk by the cage. The one's that I hear talk, talk very quietly. They're stunning birds!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bird birds do scare me a little, just the damage they COULD cause...anything up to a grey or a trained bird im fine with but if i dont know the bird i wouldnt go near it....at my store they have bird trained birds and as long as its in the open, you can play with it.
I have big birds and I have been nailed by them on occasion. It hurt and I would be wary of any large parrot I didn't know.

But the most painful bite I ever had was from the pitbull of the bird world. A lovebird , she grabbed on and would not let go. It tore a chunk of skin off and I had to use butterfly bandages on it to stop the bleeding.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Eclectus?
*sighs*
if only I had one. They're so beautiful!
I also like them because they're one of the only parrots where the female is more brightly coloured than the male!

Maybe one day...

I wish I had one. :ekfemale::ekfemale::ekfemale::ekfemale::ekfemale::ekfemale::ekfemale::ekfemale::ekfemale::ekfemale: (my imaginary flock of eclectus)

·
Registered
662 Posts
I think they are lovely. Very clean birds also if you have asthma. I want one.... I am content with no larger than a TAG or so. I was nipped by a blue and gold macaw recently. Once was enough for me. Beaks large enough to rip your jugular out scares me!

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
awesome pics! they are adorable birds!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wow just beyond gorgeous!
I wish i had one, they are such beautiful birds.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.