Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't go to the auction with my Grandparents tonight as I was out getting a yearbook for everybody to sign this and next week for when I leave school, but hey they still went :lol:

My granddad bought me back a present and to be honest I was super happy and so is Joey... a cockatiel! It's a white faced, just the normal grey white faced, and it is sooo pretty and big, very cute. It's under a year old I know that. It's about 6 months if my grandparents recall correctly. It's totally shy and when I got it out the box it gave me a nasty bite and I bled :( but never mind I'll start work very soon!

I have never had a white faced before, and I have been told that it is the males with the white faces and the females with the grey? I'm so confused! I wanna know what sex it is :giggle:either way it's cute. It has a white faced and grey colouring etc but it has the yellow barring underneath...!!??

anyways, I don't know what else I can say, I shall think of a name soon hehe

it's gorgeous :biggrin5:

·
Registered
914 Posts
wow hes gorgeous! I love whitefaces, can you tell? hehe I have one. And ya the males have the white face like yours, in a few months my cupid will molt in a white face like yours because hes a boy. Are all the tail feathers barred? maybe he hasnt molted out all his baby tail feathers yet... I know Aero just went through her first molt and she didnt molt out all her tail feathers just 4. Anyway hes a gorgeous bird. Im jealous your grandparents bring you home surprise birds, im not allowed anymore pets:giggle:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hehe awh! Thank you for the compliments and all the info :D

·
Registered
493 Posts
He is beautiful! I don't have any cockatiels, but I love them and have a soft spot for the white face. Don't know why. Thanks for sharing pics of him!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Noo problem :D they're awesome. My faves are the white faced lutinos

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
by the way guys, I need name suggestions!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like the name Dusty but at the moment he's still nameless :p

I nearly did get a pair of them on Monday, but my Grandfather picked this guy up instead

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you :D

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Aww, what a cutie! That's the same color Moose's father was. His name was CoCo :) And yes, the males have that bright white face

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks Jenny :D awh, what mutation is Moose?

Reactions: Jenny

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that's really cool :eek:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thank you :D

·