Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The kakariki had been going in and out of the nest a lot and spending quite a bit of time in there but usually not much happens to be honest.

But after having a quick peak we found that they have four, yes FOUR!! eggs! :biggrin5:

Lets hope it all works out. I'll keep everybody updated

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you :biggrin5:

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Daisy,
That is exciting! Have you had a clutch of birds before? If so, what type(s)?

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Yay!! Congatulations! You'll have to update us!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh my gosh erm:
bourkes
kakariki
cockatiel
budgies
chinese painted quail
peach faced lovebirds
bobwhite quail
zebra finch
lady gouldians
owl finch
red rump parakeet
quaker parrokeet
golden pheasant

If I can think of any more I'll let you know :lol:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Abby!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Well, Daisy, you are an old pro at this then.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha thanks. I adore breeding. I find it so rewarding, although sometimes it can be heart-breaking

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Some day I might be really interested in breeding bourkes. My daughter and I talk about it often.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I won't be allowed to own any more birds until after graduation, let alone breed any.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are you having any luck with them Juliafan23?

And Abby, what do you want after graduation? :)

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
First and foremost an African Grey. I get butterflies everytime I think about owning one. :lovehearts: I eventually want a macaw, probably a Blue and Gold Macaw, although I think Scarlets are stunning and Hyacinths are gentle giants, Blue and Golds are probable most realistic. When I get older and I have more time and life is more predictable, I want a cockatoo, probably an Umbrella but I'm not sure. And then probably a few small birds here and there.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
First and foremost an African Grey. I get butterflies everytime I think about owning one. :lovehearts: I eventually want a macaw, probably a Blue and Gold Macaw, although I think Scarlets are stunning and Hyacinths are gentle giants, Blue and Golds are probable most realistic. When I get older and I have more time and life is more predictable, I want a cockatoo, probably an Umbrella but I'm not sure. And then probably a few small birds here and there.
I always wanted a cockatoo but I want a citron. :) that's about the only big bird I would get. :).

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Abby I'd have anything and everything I could get sadly :lol: I really want an umbrella 'too. They're so beautiful. I'd kill for one XD I think I'm getting a hand-tame parrot next year but I'm really not sure. I can probably place an order with these guys, it shows what they have and will have for this spring/summer... maybe I can reserve something. I've bought birds from there before too :)

http://shop.parrotcare.com/hand-reared-parrots-available-now-15-c.asp

What do you like the look of? Without saying everything ;)

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Wow, those are amazing birds!! Maybe an African Grey or one of the Conures, that's what I would pick. Which ones are you considering, Daisy?

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Any of them ;D haha. I don't really know to be honest. I'd love a macaw or 'too, a 'too would be pushing it a little, hmm I don't really know. My boyfriend should be adopting later this summer too so we'll both have a new birdy hehe :lol:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Oooh! Get a Macaw! And let me be its Aunt Abby...hehehe!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Its godmother :lol:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.