Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I have a bit of an issue and I'm not sure if I should worry or not. I have 2 baby green cheeks that are just learning to fly. They are almost fully feathered now. They are also 39 days old. They always seem to be fluffing their feathers. I have heard mixed things about this. They definitely active little birds. And they go nuts for me when they know that it's feeding time. They have even lured me over to the feeding area a few times to ask for food. My concern is the feathers always being fluffed up. They do live together in the same cage. The cage is 1.5 feet deep, 3 feet tall and 2.5 feet wide. They have multiple perches, they are all still low, they have a little hut to hide in and 2 bowls with food and water. I also keep the cage covered on the top and 2 sides. Just to help keep some of the sun out. My room is always bright so they only get light in half the cage. Should I be worried about the feathers being fluffed a lot or are they just happy content little birds? If you can help me out, it would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had them in a brooder till just a few days ago. I keep my house a bit on the warmer side, as I have other animals that need to stay warm. I have moved them into another area of the house that is a bit warmer. Now they sit by my desk and have quite a bit to say.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Usually birds do that if there's a draft. Try to make sure they're warm enough

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have them in a cage now that is deeper into the house and they seem happier. They are playing with my yellow sideneck now. They are so funny to watch together.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Thanks for letting us know!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.