Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I'd post some pics of Libby and her new cage. She LOVES it! And I love that big door in front -- makes it so much easier to clean inside! We put it together on Monday and I got it all set up yesterday and moved her right in. She wasn't afraid and made herself right at home. I put her HQ cage in Angelina's room, and that'll be her new sleep cage. All that's left to do is clean up her small sleep cage and put it on Craig's List. After all the work and wait, I'm glad I got this cage -- anything for my baby!

As a side note: I can highly recommend A&E and John Lance, the president. He communicated with me personally and handled everything in an excellent manner.

Here's a pic of the cage. There's lots of toys in there, but the cage is so big inside, it's hard to tell! Believe it or not, this cage is only a couple of inches taller and wider than the HQ!

Here's Libby standing on the drop down platform at the top of the cage. She really likes hanging out there!

Same place, a little closer - YOU LOOKIN' AT ME???

Here she is, trying to figure out her latest foraging toy -- she's really getting good at this foraging stuff!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, everyone! We're both really enjoying it!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
That cage looks awesome!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! It looks kind of bare in the center, but there's really lots of toys in there! I tried to restrain myself in the toy department, to give her more room to jump and move around!

She really loves that platform! She's been using it as a take off and landing platform! She did about four take offs and landings while we were eating lunch today! What fun! (I'm careful that neither my husband nor I are going in or out of any doors!)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think Libby needs a few more toys!
Nice cage! Where did you get it? I just got Cheeko a new cage, too. I'll post some pics soon.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
The cage looks great! Glad it arrived, and also glad you were so happy with your service from A&E.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Patti: It's an A&E "Conure Castle". There's several different sizes of this same cage -- smaller, larger and mine, which is medium. This one is model RY3223 and it comes in several different colors.

I have an HQ Flight Cage for Angelina, my Parrotlet. I've been using the HQ cages for about 3 years, and really like them, but I saw this A&E cage, with that great BIG front door and fell in love! Libby's HQ cage is now her sleeping cage.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, everyone! She really loves her new cage, and uses every inch of it! It took me a while to settle on the right cage for her, but it looks like her "Conure Castle" does the trick!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LOL! Thanks! They're not SPOILED or anything, right?
Her new cage is working out great and she just loves it. She makes use of every inch! Sometimes she lays on her back on the grate and plays with her foot toys -- wish I could get a picture of her -- she's SO cute!

Here's a more recent picture of her set up, I change the toys every couple of weeks.

And a pic of her "launch pad":

I just LOVE this bird! (can you tell?)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.