Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey,

Haven't been on much since the death of my parrotlet. Some might remember that I got him before the aviary was actually finished because he was too good an opportunity to miss.

Well, it's been finished for a little while now but still empty although I'm hoping this will change in the coming week.

Here it is empty:

and kitted out with block and rope ladder, balls and bell toy, leather chew toy, rope rings and blocks, natural vine rings, a block/ball/rope swing, a hideaway, 5 natural wood branches of different sizes, 1 latex perch, 1 rope perch and 1 twister perch (between food bowls out of shot).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Afraid not, when I priced up the materials and taking into account that I wasn't sure how it would turn out it was better to let someone build it that does it for a living. It cost me £75 including delivery and is 6' tall x 3' wide x 4' long.

The toys and perches etc I bought from here: http://scarlettsparrotessentials.co.uk/

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
It looks great! What type of bird or birds are you considering at this point?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

I'm looking at either lovebirds or cockatiels but swaying more towards lovebirds. I'm still keeping my eye out for another parrotlet though as I'd prefer one of those.

I posted a question in general about whether irons are safe to use, if you haven't looked could you take a look?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've arranged to go and see some lovebirds tomorrow. Found a lady 5 mins down the road selling 4 - 2 blue and 2 peach faced.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Are the blue ones a blue mutation of the peach faced or are they the blue masked?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
All peach faced mutations are beautiful birds, but I absolutely love the blue masked lovebirds. I really want to see a violet masked lovebird in person. I never have, though.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I've only just seen this thread as I've been going back abit since nobody has posted for a while. That's a great aviary! Do you just have it standing on the floor or do you use newspaper etc? It's really cool. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
That is really, really nice looking! You did a great job with it. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
It's really cool, where did you get your panels from? Or did you make them yourself?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bobioden - this is what I got :D http://www.talkparrots.com/showthread.php?t=1210

I didn't make the panels. When I priced the materials up and factored in that I'm no expert so it might look a bit rough and ready, I decided it would be better to have someone who does it for a living make them.

This guy on ebay http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/wolfie9/ made and delivered them for £75 inclusive and provided the screws. He's based in Bilston.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Ah thanks! That's pretty cheap. My hawks aviary cost £500 to build :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.