Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sure hope all the fire works stop soon... my birds are ok so far but I do not want to shut off the lights while they are still going off. It sounds like a war zone out there with all the explosions from people lighting them in their yards...lol My budgies are prone to night frights and I do not think that explosions will help them much!!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
my birds freak at fireworks too and there's always some excuse to let them off around here :lol:

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My birds were pretty good with the lights on... and they stopped just after midniht, then I left a lamp on for the birds and all was well!

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
There were lots of fireworks last night but none near my house, and none too loud. I can see how the really big ones could upset birds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I totally agree. My budgies were falling off perches left and right.:eek: everything is okay though no broken toes or feet. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
127 Posts
My GCC Gracie did well. This was her first 4th of July. I left the TV on and the A/C was running (its loud) so I think she hardly noticed the fireworks. I checked on her frequently through the evening and she seemed fine, hanging out in her Happy Hut. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This was 4 of my budgies and my pgcc's first 4th also ... my conure and parrotlet were a little jumpy if one went off in our front yard (a lot did ,but not from us...lol ) but other than that they handled them great!

·
Registered
768 Posts
People are to careless with fireworks now :mad:

I loved them when i was younger but careless people have made me scared of them

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I'm scared of them too :lol:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
When I was little, I almost got hit with one at a family camping trip because my older cousins were being reckless. It was scary.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
:giggle: When I was little, my dad was launching bottle rockets by dropping them in a pipe. He missed the pipe and it shot across the ground and got stuck in my sandle. Do you girls remember Jelly shoes? lol. That's what I was wearing. It got stuck and burnt my leg but they got it away before it blew up thankfully. I was... 7? 8? Oddly enough, it doesn't scare me lol I'm a bit of a pyro I love fireworks and bottle rockets haha

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Fire is fun. I've never really done much more with fireworks other than sparkler type things.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.