Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i got solo he was only eating pellets so i got him eating fruit and veg but i also offered seed now he wont touch the pellets and the seed mix is like 50% sunflower seed which is fatty and not the best diet and thats all he will eat so now i take out all the sunflower seeds which takes like 20 mins per meal and i mix the pellets and seeds in a sad atempt at getting him to eat pellets again but its not working and if i remove the seed he wont eat so im stuck between a rock and a hard place
any one else had/having this problem?
or does any one have advice
please and thank you:giggle:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just a thought - it worked for Amy to get her to try new things.
Make some mashed sweet potatoes (thick), roll into balls and then roll the balls so that they are covered with a few seeds Solo likes, but mostly pellets (I used Harrison Fine because they are so small). In order to get to the seeds Solo likes, he will have to taste the other items too!
I did this for quite a while and now Amy looks forward to her sweet potatoes (only now I roll them in flax seed, wheat germ and stuff like that).

You can also mix the seeds into a batch of birdie bread along with a bunch of other healthy stuff. Amy loves her birdie bread.....

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Cheryl that's a wonderful idea, I'm gunna try that out at some point

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.