Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just got a call from a friend he has 2 baby chicks that are like 2 weeks old he is not prepared to hand feed them or take care as he works like 8-10 hours a day he lives like 3 hours away i told him to make sure the box is well insulated with holes in the top is there anything else he needs to do to bring them here

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I don't know a thing about this Allen, and I hope some people who do are able to respond to this before your friend has to come.

However, I will relay that on the Linnie Forum it was mentioned to put something in the box to keep the chicks hydrated, such as a moist sponge. That MAY have only been if the box was going to be heated with a heating pad to maintain temperature. If a heat source is not needed in your area at this time of year the moisture suppliment is probably also not needed. If the box will be heated, a moisture source is also needed.

People ship baby birds all the time, but I have no idea how. :shrug: I do hope someone with experience answers this before your friend has to leave.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i talked to my friend i said if you are this nervous with these chicks you think that maybe you should not breed he said i allready made the decision not to breed till kim comes to canada

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.