Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm always on the lookout for new online bird supply sites, and I found one the other day during a Google search.

http://persnicketyparrot.3dcartstores.com/

The site has lots of great toys, cages, supplies, etc. I ordered a couple of foraging items:

One of these for my Conure:
http://persnicketyparrot.3dcartstores.com/Brainy-Birds-Triple-Treat-Foraging-Toy_p_384.html

And two of these, one for my Conure and one for my Parrotlet:

http://persnicketyparrot.3dcartstores.com/The-Foraging-Green_p_18.html

Just thought I'd pass this along -- another place to buy things to spoil our babies! :parrotsmilie:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Great site :D

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
That toy looks neat. Let us know how Libby does with it.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will! The one with the 3 cups has little lids on top that the bird has to move to get to the treat. The tray one is a plastic tray with artificial grass velcro'd to it, you sprinkle seeds or treats on the grass and the bird has to forage for the treats. A friend of mine has one for her smaller birds and said they love it. They hunt and peck for hours, looking for treats. She said it's easy to clean up too, which is important.

I'll let you know if they pass the Libby and Angelina test!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good deal! It always pays to look around!

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Good for you, Jo Anne! I've got a whole birdie shopping list filled with items waiting to be checked off.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I'm making a shopping list too Abby, I'd really like one of those foraging greens things. They're really cool! I think my birds would really benefit from it! I'll have to see if I can get them from over here, if not I'll order some from there.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Oh my gosh I love their jungles gyms they're super cute, Im gonna have to save up for one:p

A canadian store I love is paradise perch they're awesome as well

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
cool :D tell us what it's like

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Angelina on her foraging tray - A BIG HIT!

Here's a pic of my Parrotlet, Angelina, using her new foraging tray -- I put her favorite treat in it (Goldenfeast Petite Hookbill Blend) and she jumped in right away. She's been hunting and pecking away most of the morning! A HIT!

My Conure, Libby, is using hers too, which surprised me, because she's usually afraid of new things for a couple of days.

This tray is best for the smaller parrots. Anything larger, I'd get some of this turf stuff at Home Depot or Lowe's, get a tray of some kind at the dollar store, cut it to size for your bigger bird, and you're all set!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
That's awesome!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got a better pic, with the door open, of Angelina on her foraging tray, so thought I'd post it. The second one is Libby on her foraging tray. I couldn't get one with the door open -- she kept coming out of her cage to join me!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
That's awesome and great pics :D

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I got the foraging tray today, filled it with Hemp seed, and Oliver went to town. It is really and I mean really lightweight plastic. I thought it would be heavy like tupperware plastic, and was surprised how lightweight it is. Oliver likes it though.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Yes, the tray is VERY light. It was the first thing we ever got Stanley years ago, but none of my little guys ever liked it. :rolleyes: I still think it is a great idea. My birds happened to disagree.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.