1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fudgy who lost his dad on Dec 12

Summer who lost her mom recently

Pete (Summers Daddy) He Don't waste time finding a new buddy

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I love Fudgy's coloring! It's very pretty. What do your budgies think of the Peas in a Pod? Do they get jealous? :giggle:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lGLnfIYCAI"]YouTube - Summer eating a cuttlebone[/nomedia]
If you listen carefully you can hear her scrap it.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Does your 'tiel live in the same cage as your budgie?

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Oh that's not very nice of them D; your budgies are mega cute!

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I had a horrible dream last night! My new Sun Conure was plucking majorly and had a ton of missing feathers! :(

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had a horrible dream last night! My new Sun Conure was plucking majorly and had a ton of missing feathers! :(
I don't thnk he would do that. I don't see many plucked conures. :)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Hmm to be honest neither have I :confused: I hope your conure doesn't Abby D;

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I've not heard of conures picking at themselves unless they are sick. I don't think you need to worry about it happening, but if it ever would, get him/her checked immediately by a vet. Lot's of plucking starts out with a physical cause.

Reactions: catalinadee

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Are you saying Conures plucking are never behavioral related, just when they are sick?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I don't think one could say never, but in general plucking would begin in response to an illness that causes discomfort. You should have any species of bird checked by a vet if plucking begins. It often begins because the bird is uncomfortable and then becomes habitual.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
If I saw one of my birds plucking, I'd immediately go the vet. I've never owned a plucking bird before, and it would scare me. :(

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I had quakers with quaker mutilation syndrome. You try coping with that :( it's so sad!

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
The only plucking I've seen in conures is in the larger species, but it does happen. Like with any bird, there's 1,000's of different reasons for plucking. The conures I've seen pluck have been behavior related. Plucking is so hard to diagnose the reasons behind.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.