Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner

Gertjie the budgie

906 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Birdybee
On November 12th, I adopted a little budgie named Gertjie. Her family moved to overseas and couldn't bring her with. She settled in quickly, and she was the sweetest little budgie. She even slept on me and accepted head scratches. Unfortunately, on November 17th, I found her dead at the bottom of her cage. It was a huge shock. I think old age, bad genes, poor diet, and/or stress gave her a heart attack.

Rest in peace little one.
Table Furniture Wood Bird Flooring

Bird Wood Parrot Floor Flooring

Bird Sulphur-crested cockatoo Neck Beak Finger
See less See more
  • Sad
Reactions: 1
1 - 1 of 3 Posts
On November 12th, I adopted a little budgie named Gertjie. Her family moved to overseas and couldn't bring her with. She settled in quickly, and she was the sweetest little budgie. She even slept on me and accepted head scratches. Unfortunately, on November 17th, I found her dead at the bottom of her cage. It was a huge shock. I think old age, bad genes, poor diet, and/or stress gave her a heart attack.

Rest in peace little one.
View attachment 24511
View attachment 24512
View attachment 24510
What a beautiful little old lady birb your Gertie was .... I'm sorry she passed away so soon after you brought her into your home and life.

Looking at the last photo of her snuggling with you I am sure she was very happy that she had lots of love and attention and good food and care before she passed over the rainbow bridge.

Sorry for your loss Birdybee.
Reactions: 1
1 - 1 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.