Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a bad experience with a parrotlet that wasn't hand fed or hand tame. I found him a home as a breeder with a really nice girl but never want to have to rehome a bird again. So i found a man at a bird fair that was selling hand fed hand tame yellow sided green cheek conures. When i first got him home he seemed quiet and scared and a little bitey. He got over that after I read about the hand quake method. And he has been a total sweet heart ever since. I was always so jelous of those people who had clingy birds and i finally have one. As soon as i get home from work he is clinging to the side of the cage wanting out to be with me. I try to set him on his play basket and he has no desire to play with that. He is just wanting to be with me. This is the kind of bird i have always wanted but never got the chance to have before. I am sooooo happy. He fell asleep on my chest last night and i was like, ahhh:lovehearts: life is good!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Sounds wonderful! I'm SO happy for you!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Yay! I'm so happy you managed to rehome the plet and that they went to a breeder, you know he will have a lucky lady. And I'm so glad everything is getting better for you n your new bird :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.