Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fly Free Macy..

Last night at 4am I woke up to Finn flying frantically around the cage..another night fright I though because he gets them every now and the..but when I turned on a little light for him I saw Macy sitting on the bottom of the cage.

I picked her up and she yelled at me, and tried to bite, which I took as a good sign, she had energy at least. I felt a large lump basically in her vent...my avian vet wasn't open till 8:30am so I gave her a bath in warm water and it helped and she perched on my hand and tried to get away. So I brought her back and she climbed up to the top of her cage. I went back to bed and tried to sleep but 30 min later I heard her go back to the bottom of the cage.

I called the emergency vet, hoping they could do something, they could so my aunt drove me and Macy there at 5am..it was kind of a last hope though, I could tell it was worse..and she passed a couple minutes after we got to the vet...

RIP Macy, my first bird and the one that started it all...I'll never forget you...:(

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
My condolences. You did all you could do.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
How is Finn doing now, Jamie?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He's lonely, but other than that he's doing pretty good. He's a bit more bonded to me, and to my sun conure :p but my sunnie is afraid of him..silly bird.

I stumbled upon 2 male budgies that need a home so I will be adopting them (will post a thread in a second :p)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Well, I suppose a parakeet could be quite frightening for a sun conure. :rofl: I am glad you are getting the new parakeets.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.