Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the pet store yesterday. And there was this adorable GCC hatched in march. He was so lovable and tame. And I may be interested in him. Can anybody tell me the personality of these birds? Are they louder than lovebirds?

Thank you! Anyinfo is loved.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
this has seriously become the green cheek forum, so I think you might be bombarded with replies :lol:

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha great! I've been reading every single forom thathas the word " green cheek" in it <3

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I'm sure you'll get lots of replies! I love my Libby, a Pineapple Green Cheek Conure! She's smart, cuddly, affectionate, clowny, sassy, wonderful and beautiful! She talks, mumbles, chirps, whistles off and on, but never loud. She has one louder noise she makes when she gets excited, like when the dogs bark. I call it HER bark! I ignore it, don't give her attention and she stops. She has many periods during the day when she is completely quiet, playing and entertaining herself. I make sure she has a chance during the day to "call the flock" by hollering and making noise along with her -- this seems to allow her to let off steam.

Overall, I'd say she's the PERFECT bird! (guess I'm biased a bit!)

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh wow okAy sounds like I need to go find a breeder ! Does any body know any Canadian breeders?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've had my GCC, Gracie, for about a month and a half now. She is so adorable and sweet. She can get nippy but I am learning how to communicate with her and she is getting better.
She is very quiet. She will squawk when she hears running water (but just one or two times), and if I don't wake up by 7am, she'll call for me (again, just one or two squawks). Other than that she makes adorable, very quiet, birdie noises. When she wants out of her cage, she makes a peeping sound, but it is not loud. <3

Best of luck on your GCC research and let us know if you end up getting one (also if you have any more GCC questions).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well i just went and visited him again today with my other bird loving friend.. and we sat there for at least half an hour playing with him.

Oh, i wish i could snatch him up right now but im going away on holidays in august and i want all the time in the world to properly bond with him.. so he is just going to have to wait ;):giggle::lovehearts:

if i go look at him again on the weekend ill post some photo's <3

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Have you put a deposit on him and asked them to hold him for you? GCC's get snapped up pretty fast in my area!

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Uugggghhhhhhhh I want to .. But I still have some extreme convincing of my parents till I even get close to buying a cage lol..

Maybe I should just sneak on there and make a deposit ;)
Because the parents wouldn't kill me for that. :)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Have you put a deposit on him and asked them to hold him for you? GCC's get snapped up pretty fast in my area!
My area too, I went in early on a Saturday. They had 7. 3 Regular GCC's and 4 Yellow Sided. I got first pick after handling all 7, I was glad I decided and took Maxx home. I went back on Monday to get a Happy Hut, and all were sold.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wow.. thats crazy. well apparently no one in edmonton likes conures becasue apparently he has been there for a month already.. poor little guy :(:(

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Ohhhh, he really needs you then!

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh as I was leaving e like climbed the bars of his cage .. Like climbing towards me.. :(
I've found a cage I'll post a pic later.. It's on kijiji

Dimensions are: 25.5x58x17
Bar spacing 5/8

Is this a good cage? It has a open top. And a big door..
I'll post pictures.. I think I said that already.. Oops.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oops sorry it is the fifth one fron the top called A&E cage co. Small play top bird cage with removable base.

Sorry for that.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Ok... that cage looks pretty good. Not sure of the minumum size for a green cheek , but mine is in HQ flight cage that is 32w x 21d x 35h and it is a VERY nice size. That cage says 17x22 EXTERIOR dimensions.. and it has a seed catcher on it... which is usually included in measurements... does not give inside dimensions... the picture in my opinion is not a 17x22 cage... it looks a lot bigger with an african grey in it. BUT if that is a 17 x 22 inside and looks to be quite well made then it would be a good cage... just mho

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.