Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just got an 8 week old yellow sided green cheek. He is absolutely precious. He's everything you want a bird to be - affectionate, playful, quiet. My question.....I don't know what gender he is yet (though I refer to him as a 'he'), but he is on the small side. Are 8 week old green cheeks fully grown at that age? Are males generally smaller than females? I got him from a breeder, but he was the only chick in the clutch, so there was nothing to compare him to. I noticed a pineapple gc at PetSmart who was bigger than mine, but I don't know the exact age of that one. Is anyone familiar with green cheeks here?

Thanks,
Patti

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I have a Pineapple Green Cheek named "Libby". I call her a "she", but don't know really, unless I get her DNA'd. She's just over 1 year old. I don't know about the size of Green Cheeks -- she's my first. Maybe someone else can help.

I know how you feel -- I love Libby SO much! She's just the best bird ever! Smart, clowny, affectionate, silly AND beautiful! You're in for a wonderful ride with your new baby!

What's his name? Please post pictures when you can!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi....I was JUST reading about your Libby! I searched for back posts. She sounds like a love.
I named him "Cheeko," not Chico! You know, I've had so many birds over the years, but none have won me over so quickly as this little green cheek. Amazing!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I have a pineapple green cheek hen named Shira. She will be one in May. She is the best bird ever, but you know how I feel.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Patti: I agree! I've had many different kinds of birds over the years, but none have captured my heart like Libby! Watching her antics, watching her learn new things, just being with her, brings me so much joy! I can't imagine my life without her! I guess it's silly, but I actually miss her when she goes to her sleeping cage for the night! :eek:

Cheeko is a great name! Please post some pictures when you can!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Congratulations! there are a LOT of users on here with green cheeks and I hope they can answer your questions, I'd like to, but sadly I don't have a green cheek! Although I would have assumed they're can't be visually sexed? DNA sexing may be required

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a Pineapple Green Cheek named "Libby". I call her a "she", but don't know really, unless I get her DNA'd. She's just over 1 year old. I don't know about the size of Green Cheeks -- she's my first. Maybe someone else can help.

I know how you feel -- I love Libby SO much! She's just the best bird ever! Smart, clowny, affectionate, silly AND beautiful! You're in for a wonderful ride with your new baby!

What's his name? Please post pictures when you can!
I am having trouble uploading a picture. Can someone help this technologically-challenged person?????:confused:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
The way I do it is to upload my picture to a picture hosting site (free) like Photobucket, flickr, Snapfish, etc. Then I right click on the picture (not the thumbnail view) and click on "copy". Then I come to this site and in the area where you type (whether it's a new thread or a post) right click and click on "paste". Your picture should appear.

There's another way to do it, which involves clicking on the "insert image" icon in the message box and pasting in the URL of the site where your picture is -- but it's a bit more difficult -- so I just take the easy way!

Let us know if you have problems!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
can't wait to see them haha

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I'd love one Solo

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Beautiful! What a sweet baby! Aren't you SO in love??? I know I am!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Flight navigation

...I don't even know what I did to get the above picture on here! :) All the rest of them are blurry, so I will have to take more. Thank you, Joanne.
I can't believe how well this bird can fly. I was hesitant about letting him out, because I have large windows and sky lights in my home. This bird seems to have radar or something. Like a bat! Seriously...he zips around like he built the place. He doesn't crash into anything. Are they all like this? The agility is amazing!...............Patti

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
The picture is amazing. Your bird is beautiful and also must be very comfortable with you.:lovehearts:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
oh wow! so worth the wait to see that picture, so cute!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Does anyone else have a green cheek that ZOOMS around without ever crashing?? Gets me so nervous! How does he know my house? How do they do that????

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
all birds do it in my opinion, I've never had birds crash into anything BUT mirrors are dangerous

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.