Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 2 green cheek conures 1 who is 4 months old and is not tame and 1 who is 2 years old who was given to me by a freind and is completly hand tame.
i would like to know some tips i can use to try and tame the 4month old one i have,
and if i was to put them into the same cage will that make them less playful with me?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I would NOT recommend housing them in the same cage as long as you are working on building a bond with the one. Take it slowly. I believe that it will help the new bird to watch you interacting with the older bird. Giving treats by hand is great if the bird will take them from your hands.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thankyou if i was to get the my younger one tame and then put them together would that make them less hand tame? will they forget about me or is that just silly talk :p

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
That can totally vary depending on the birds. Some people can house two hand tame birds together and they can be fine. But some put them together and its just not the same

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I suppose you get out of it what you put in Im home full-time since I hurt my back over a year ago so majority of the day they will be out of the cage with me

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
it's good you can spend time with them :)

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
My 2 conures are house together and they're still very clingy. I taken in a second conure and was hoping the first would be less clingy and have eachother to play with instead of clinging to me all the time, now I have 2 clingy conures.

If you spend same time with them daily I don't think you will lose that bond even if you house them together :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.