Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everybody. I suspect this is mainly a North American forum, but if there are others from the UK, especially nearby in East Anglia or the south-east of England, I’d love to hear from you. Possibly for reciprocal parrot-sitting even? We’ve got two birds, Groucho, a yellow-crowned Amazon whom we got as a hand-reared adolescent 34 years ago and who turned out to be female, and Doris, aged 22, a Congo African Grey whom we adopted in 2008 after her showbiz owner died suddenly in his 60s. They share a largish cage without too many squabbles and sing tuneless duets and chat. That get let out daily but don’t fly. Both like to go walkabout, and Doris has demolished the wheels of our shopping trolley in the nearby pantry when unsupervised (you do need eyes in the back of your head!). Do get in touch if by any chance you live nearby.
Bird Vertebrate Blue Beak african grey

·
Super Moderator
6,437 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Talk Parrots ... we are a small forum with a few members, unfortunately I don't know of any members in the UK. Groucho and Doris are amazing looking birds. I'm sure its noisy and fun in your house most times, I'm not sure I'd be happy about them singing tuneless duets but I'm sure its still funny to see and hear.

Thanks for sharing a pic of your lovely flock!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts