Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just brought home a pair of cockatiels today! The male is a regular pied and the female a cinnamon pied. They were fed and watered, but that was pretty much it. I spent a bunch on toys and new perches and I won't even think of using the moth web riddled cage they were staying in.. I was told that they were nippy, but I trimmed thier flights and they are really quite sweet! They were given to a family member when they were a 3-6 months old and that was almost 3 years ago. Their names are Bullet and Angel. My husband wasn't too keen on having them here, but guess what?! First thing he does when he gets home is talk to them and hold them!:rofl: They are settling in quite well. I even saw them playing with some of their toys:thumbsup: I do know in the past that Angel laid eggs(on the grate and presumably not fertile). My plan is to limit their hours of light to discourage breeding. I'm pretty sure they are siblings since they were originally purchased together...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congrats on the new additions:cngrts: Thats sooo great you rehomed them. They are very lucky birdies from the sounds of it:biggrin5: Its funny how men come around hey, lol, makes me laugh. My husband is the same way. Funniest thing is, is that his favorite bird is our rosy bourke, floyd. Its just priceless seeing my big ol husband with a pink bird on his shoulder, LOL!!!!!!! Good luck with the new ones, Do you have Pics???;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL! That IS funny! My hubby is a big guy and those little guys seemingly melt his heart! It's all "hey precious" and "Yeah, you're a pretty bird" :) I will be posting pics very soon. I need to get them on the computer first...

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Congrats on the new birds :)

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
my dad is the same except when im around:) i dont think he wants me to know that he likes solo because he had a fit when i brought her home but somtime when i walk into the kitchen i see him talking to her and telling her that shes a pretty bird its so funny

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Jess that's great haha! My nan has a real phoebia of birds and has done since she was very little, a few years ago she stroked my hawk and nearly passed out, then when she stood by Axel she flapped her wings to regain her balance and it scared my nan so much she fell backwards. But last week she actually managed to hold my tiel for a few minutes and she really liked it. I think she's getting there, but she'd NEVER let one fly towards her. When I take Chalkie out to the fields my nan stays in the car and watches from there, he has a tendency of landing on heads :lol:

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Daisy,
Is this the grandmother you live with? If so, she is quite a wonderful woman, and it is a testament of her love for you that she has always allowed you to have your birds.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Yes she is haha! She's a fantastic woman :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.