1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
can you post a link of the first cage?

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
go with the second one. much, much bigger for great price, just needs some cleaning!

i have the hagen cage for mango... its minimum sized, so if you can get the chance to get bigger, go for it! lovebirds LOVE to be busy and will use that whole big cage!

ill post a photo with mango in his cage for size reference.... you will want the big one. i have this one here because i dont have room for a big cage for 2 separate lovebirds.

also, the smaller cage doesnt have a grate... mine does. i used my old cage's grate lol

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok sounds good. I received the first one from a friend for free but I guess I will use that as a travel cage:)

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds good.. Now to find the money :)

And actually mine came with a grate.. Weird :)

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
mine's third hand and the second hand owner didnt have a grate for it lol blame the first owner i guess. it will do fine as a travel cage, very sturdy.

but if you can do the large one, i would go for that. if not, the hagen one isnt bad, just minimum size for a lovebird. they do ok in the minimum if they have out of cage time.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol.. Is the greate that beneficial?

Ok.. Now to find a space for it.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
for paper shredding lovebirds, i like the grate. and i use the grate as it just less poop on the feet from walking on the bottom and less soiled food. like if they drop food and poop on it after... not yummy lol personally i like the grate

·
Registered
623 Posts
i think the grate is invaluable. It keeps the bird out of the mess, and if they drop food into thier poo, they usually cant get to it which is good.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
let us know how all this goes, and yeah I find grates so useful. My kakarikis are awful if they don't have one

·
Registered
19 Posts
well, the cage was sold.. and plus we dont have the room :(

so ill just have to keep looking, ill stick with the cage i have right now,, and upsize maybe later.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
and this cage works fine as a back up plan :D it is good for a single lovebird with time out of the cage :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.