Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dream parrot is probably the half-moon conure (aka orange-fronted conure, orange-fronted parakeet or Petz's conure).

In case you aren't familiar, here is a photo of one: http://petoftheday.com/archive/2002/January/02.html

I'm always looking to learn more about these little cuties and was wondering if any of you have experience with them :)

Thx!

(x-posted)

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I've worked with one - and he was a turd! :lol: Sweet but bratty, but that was also just after weaning. Very similar in personality to a Green Cheek - super snuggly and sweet until it was time to wean, then he was a brat. A little more skittish than a Green Cheek, and a little more petite. Good little talker though!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Gee, Half Moon Conures are beautiful! I have a Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Libby. She's almost 4 months old and is a sweet, cuddly bird! (WAAAYYYY different than my 3 Parrotlets -- LOL!)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GCCs are SO cute, Jo Anne! I absolutely adore them and am 99.99% convinced that they are really alien life forms, sent to Earth to enslave the human race.

That said, there is just something about those half-moon conures...

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
OMG Jenny -- THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL! Blue is my favorite color too! Conures are really wonderful birds, but EEK! I have NO MORE ROOM!

Reactions: Jenny

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.