Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Fourth of July, everyone!
Any special plans? :)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
what do you guys usually do to celebrate? (not meaning to be nosey haha!)

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh right, you're in the UK.
Umm...well, there's parades and festivals and stuff. I'm (reluctantly) going to my city's "Americana Festival" and they've got a parade, too. It's going to be so hot. :(

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I'd love to be really warm right now. I'm freezing :lol:

sounds fun though :D

·
Registered
993 Posts
Well we just have Canada day but I didnt do anything, I worked all day so I'd get time and a half besides fireworks are soo expensive to get good ones.

Happy 4th of July american cousins ;)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Cannary is going to be in a parade with her 4-H dog, Teddy. He is a slightly, oversized miniature poodle.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Nanay, I see it in posts but I never bother to ask, but I will now. What does the 4-H mean? :lol:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I sort of know what 4-H is. I almost did it with my horseback riding trainer and stable friends, hehe. I don't know it too well though, I don't really know how to explain it.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
4-H is a type of club. Members in Indiana must be in 3rd through 12th grade. They sign up for projects. The projects include animal husbandry, crafts, cooking, anything someone wants to think of that can be "judged". The culmination of the club year is a fair at which the members make exhibits of their projects. However, for most of the year they meet on and off to work on their projects and also do other things, such as community service work. One of the things they do sometimes is to participate in the local 4th of July parade. Cannary's dog project is doing that today with a float about the dog project.

Cannary is taking the following projects this year: llama/alpaca, dog obedience, and critter companion. She trains her llamas to complete obstacle courses, makes crafts with the fiber, and also does showmanship, which means showing off the way the animal is put together. She trains her dog to compete in obedience, rally, agility, and showmanship. The grooming and care of her dog is also judged. In critter companion, she has her birds. This year, she intends to take Daisy, the maxi, to the exhibit. Last year, she took Stanley, her bourkes.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
thanks Nanay :D she really likes her animals doesn't she :D?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Daisy,
Yes, I guess she takes after her mother.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
bless her hehe!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.