Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Birdy my 11 year old Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure who is a very friendly, cuddly loving bird. I also have 2 english budgies and a Canary. What I am wondering is if I bring home another mutation of Green Cheek Conure (possibly a Turquoise or Yellowsided) Will it affect my current Birdy's temperment? They will Live in their own cages, and have their own time with me, but their cages will be in the same room (familyroom)

So for anyone that has had a conure and then later added another please let me know if you noticed any changes with your original bird.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
From what I've heard from the others it hasn't changed a thing! Though you may find they could be housed together and still want to play with you!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks just wanted an opinion, thats what I was thinking :)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I have known people who have regretted adding a second green cheek, but I have known more people who have not had any difficulties. :shrug:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm.... maybe I should rethink, I dont think I would be very happy if my Birdys personality changed... any other type of bird suggestions or just simply not a conure? Been thinking of Linnies, or parrotlet, or a interactive playful bird :eek:) been doing a good amount of researching lately...

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I didn't want to scare you. I think most people are able to have two conures. Every once in a while they get too attached to one another. Your bird is 11, so that might make it less likely that the bird will bond strongly to another conure. Many people advise that as long as they have separate cages you will be fine. My daughter's parrotlet is about as close in personality to my green cheek as any two birds of different species could get, but I have been told the parrotlet could be unusual for a parrotlet.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
linnies are a wonderful choice of birds as are parrotlets!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hopes to be getting a male Crimson Belly Conure this week.... :)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Congratulations! Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
yay :biggrin5: you'll have to post pics!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I now own a Crimson Belly Conure and he is around 6 months old and has really colored up and is a cuddly & smart wonderful addition to our flock - His name is Peeka! and I havent noticed any changes with my Cinnamon Green Cheek :)

Reactions: nanay

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
wow he is absolutely gorgeous!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
He seems to be able to pick up things easily - he whistles, he says his name then peek a boo, I love you, no bark (lol), and we are working on whatchadoin :eek:) and a few others... He loves being out on on me and the cage and playstands and he loves toys of all kinds...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.