TalkParrots.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Sue and I live in Lake Como, NJ along with my hubby, 2 kids, and 3 fids. First fid is Cupid (Cockatiel), Ozzy (y.s Greencheek Conure), and Darwin (Half Moon Conure). I look forward to learning and sharing with you all.
Nick, the site looks really great :thumbsup: I love the colours and the layout. :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Welcome Sue/Twink! I have to admit I have no idea what a Half Moon Conure looks like. I would love to see a picture of Darwin. Oh, and I love the name Darwin as well.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hey Sue, welcome to the forum! I'm so glad you could make it. :biggrin5:

I'm also glad that you like the forum so far. I appreciate the kind words. :)
Please enjoy your time! :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Nancy :)......Half Moon Conure's, aka Orange Fronted Conure's belong to the Aratinga species. My Darwin is such a sweet bird, he's my little cuddle bug :lovehearts:. Here he is

Attachments

·
Registered
502 Posts
Beautiful bird Sue. It's a good thing that he's a cuddle bug.. bet that beak could hurt if he wasn't :lol:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jenny........ Although very similar in appearance, and also part of the Aratinga species, they are not the same. Peach front's have a white eye with maybe some specks of orange, Halfmoon's have yellow eye rings. The main difference between the two is the beak colour, Peach fronts have black beaks, whereas Halfmoon's have horn coloured beaks. :) (see pic)

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Welcome :) I love your birds, I would love a conure, but I'm not allowed any more animals at the moment :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.