Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a member on talkbudgies and quakerparrots.com but found out through facebook that there was a talkparrots as well! I immediately signed up :lol:

I'm going to be bringing home a quaker parrot on the 10th of September. I'm hoping to find information here as well about Quakers and I'm also interested in reading up on everyone else's fids and seeing pictures, sharing stories.

I'm 19 years old, I write, live at home, have four sisters and many pets (dogs, cats, birds). I own four budgies at the moment and two cats.

I can't wait to read through all the posts. XD It's my favorite part, digging stuff up. I'm wondering how new this forum is?

Thanks,
L

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I don't know when it was started. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I think quakers are great birds.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
:welcome: to the forum!! The forum is still pretty new, less than a year old if I have it right :) Can't wait to meet your new quaker - you'll live him/her!

I used to work in a bird specialty store and quaker babies were some of the most fun to work with because of their silly little sounds and the way they shook when they were hungry :giggle: that, and until they weaned, they were little mushes! Could do anything to them! Then they wean and gain that independence of "oh, sod off, I'll do it myself!" like quakers are ever so good at :rofl:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
:welcome: to the forum!! This forum is relatively new, I don't think we've hit the one year mark yet? But it's run my Dave from the Talk forums (talkbudgies, tiels, parrotlets) and Nick from the Linnie Forum so it's well organized and friendly, just a little quiet as we're working on expanding.

Can't wait to meet your new quaker!! I used to work at a specialty bird shop and quaker babies were one of my favorites to raise. Nothing beats their goofy little noises and shivers when they're hungry! :giggle:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:p Thanks!
It frightens me a little how moody they can become only because I've never dealt with it. I'm excited though. It'll definitely be a wonderful experience, that much I know. =)

I've seen the quaking they do on some youtube videos and it's absolutely adorable! ^_^

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
The moodyness is really tricky for the first year or more, because they go through their hormonal/teenage phase at about 1 year or so. Once you're past that they really mellow out as long as they don't learn too many bad habits. Really, the biggest things I've seen quakers get into the habit of, which makes things hard, is territorial problems and possessiveness of one person. Both are pretty easy to work through though, just takes time and patience :thumbsup:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi Lisa where are you in Michigan? I live in SE Michigan to :) small world huh
your gonna love your little quaker they are such smart little birds :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
U.P. Yoopers are the best!!!!

LOL....welcome to the forum!!! Quakers can be your best friend or your worst enemy, depending on how their rasied.....I love our little green sprout!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.