Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm already a member of Talk Budgies, I currently have approx 80 budgies, 2 Cockatiels and got my first ever Kakarikis yesterday. They are gorgeos, information on the web is quite limited about them, so I'm looking forward to learning more about them here.

Here are my Kak's - Bass and Shandy

Bass is 10 months old and very hand tame.

And he talks, so far he has said, "Hello", "Tickle, Tickle" and then he shocked me today when I heard "What you doing?" I burst out laughing and he copied my laugh.
So far his favourite games are frisbee throwing the salad bowl and banging the rope block toy against the cage bars.
Shandy is much more reserved, but very beautiful.
Seeking refuge under the football table:

Having a wander around and trying to clean up Bass's mess:

Cleaning up after that boy is hard work - having a well earned rest ;)
We've got them in seperate cages at the minute so we can work 1 on 1 with Shandy. She loves her fresh fruit and salad unlike Bass who seems to like to see how far he can throw it, she is very dignified and chooses to eat it.

I know this seems very Bass dominated but as Shandy relaxes and chills, there will be much, much more of her.

I've put a large bowl of water down but neither one of them has chosen to bath yet. Bass preferred to try and squeeze his big butt in his water dish :eek:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Hello and welcome!! Glad you decided to join TalkParrots, too! There are several people I know of on here that have Kaks. The pictures are great, your birds are beautiful! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awe thanks, they don't stop in making me laugh - they are such clowns.

I've learnt from the first serving of salad and fruit and am putting down a solid ceramic dish - this way Bass won't be able to use the bowl as a frisbee (I hope)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Hey and welcome! Your birds are beautiful! Kakariki are amazing little guys and so full of personality! Check out mine :biggrin5:

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey and welcome! Your birds are beautiful! Kakariki are amazing little guys and so full of personality! Check out mine :biggrin5:
Wow they are beautiful - I love the yellow tail feathers on the green one - O my I see myself getting more kakarikis :giggle:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I can't resist them :lovehearts: are you in the UK? I'm breeding them :lol: The yellow flash on his tail is pretty awesome!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes in the UK on the East Coast, but hmm - will def remeber you when extending the flock (Of which I am sure I will) :D

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Haha good good! West midlands for me, but couriers can always be arranged :lol: how much did you buy them for? I got mine pretty cheap, the people didn't know they were tame at the store :rolleyes:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Glad you decided to join Debbie :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha good good! West midlands for me, but couriers can always be arranged :lol: how much did you buy them for? I got mine pretty cheap, the people didn't know they were tame at the store :rolleyes:
I paid £19 for Shandy (Yellow recessive pied) and £5 for hand tamed Bass (told he too was pied but with not a lot of colour :confused:- peeps I got him from bred him)

I would say theres allot less drama here :biggrin5:
:rofl: :rofl: Let's hope so :yikes:
Good to see you here to :D

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
That is SO cheap!!!! I payed 70 for a parent raised lutino haha :lol: Why was he only £5?

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
still cheap for what he is though :biggrin5:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
that is awesome!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.