Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need ideas ideas to help me rescue my neighbors birds they have 1 budgie,2 lovebirds and 1 green-cheek amazon and all of their cages are the wrong size and shape.:mad: I have a friend who volunteers at a parrot sanctuary and she will help but i dont know if it will be enough. I wrote them letters concerning the birds but they say they love them (yeah right ) if they loved them they be better taken care of . and to make things worse the birds are outside all the time even when its really hot, cold or raining.:yikes: :eek::mad::insanity:
So if you have any ideas please im begging you please let me know

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Only thing I can think of is, if they're really in bad shape (not just inappropriate cage size, but filthy dirty, bad food, bad water, bad health conditions) is to call Animal Care and Control. Just make sure they are 100% in need of rescuing because you can get fined for reporting someone when the animals don't need help.

You'd be surprised how many people truly love their birds but can't provide them appropriate cages... I see it a lot down here. Birds in too small a cage, but they're out every time the owner is home and get good food, good seed, and are well loved. Mind you, I'm not justifying your neighbors in any way because I don't know the situation, I'm just saying be careful with this. You'll most definitely make an enemy out of your neighbor so be ready for retaliation on ANYTHING you may do that is even slightly against rules and regulations for any reason - parking, lawn maintenance, noise levels, etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only thing I can think of is, if they're really in bad shape (not just inappropriate cage size, but filthy dirty, bad food, bad water, bad health conditions) is to call Animal Care and Control. Just make sure they are 100% in need of rescuing because you can get fined for reporting someone when the animals don't need help.

You'd be surprised how many people truly love their birds but can't provide them appropriate cages... I see it a lot down here. Birds in too small a cage, but they're out every time the owner is home and get good food, good seed, and are well loved. Mind you, I'm not justifying your neighbors in any way because I don't know the situation, I'm just saying be careful with this. You'll most definitely make an enemy out of your neighbor so be ready for retaliation on ANYTHING you may do that is even slightly against rules and regulations for any reason - parking, lawn maintenance, noise levels, etc.
yeah but these birds NEVER come out their cages at all

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.