Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. It's been awhile since I've been on here so I thought I would post some pics of my flock. I haven't been able to spend much time with them lately because I just recently moved and have been in school (going to be a vet tech) and had finals and acquired a few more animals since I've moved, but things are slowing down and they are getting much attention. I clipped all their wings today and gave them a spray bath. Some have to get used to me again since I wasn't able to handle them much in the past few months, but I'm able to get them all to step up except one. Since I've last been on my cockatiel babies and parakeet babies hatched (3 cockatiels, and 3 parakeets) and all grew up and are healthy. I found 4 new homes. (2 parakeets and 2 cockatiels) and kept one of each. I now have 7 birds and they are all doing great. I have Meeko (whiteface pearl male), Rafiki (normal grey male-dad), Nala (normal grey female-mom), Izzy (pearl female-daughter), then my parakeets Sky (sky blue-dad), Bluebell (colbalt female-mom) and their baby Gimp(mix of sky blue and colbalt-son, also has a splayed leg that couldn't be fixed). I kinda have a mini zoo with my birds, 2 leopard geckos, bearded dragon, 2 hamsters, dog, 2 bettas and 55 gallon fish tank. Lol. Sorry for the long post. Just thought I would share since I haven't been on in a long time. Here are some pics of the birds.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Hey - I live in Arnold, so I'm a Missourian too! Are you going to the BIG bird fair in Bridgeton towards the end of August? This will be my third year to go and it's great! In addition to supplies, toys, cages, birds, etc., they also have speakers and classes you can attend. It's my favorite fair of the year!

Your birds look wonderful -- so healthy and happy!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey. I didn't know about the bird fair. I've been wanting to go to one. I'll have to check that out and see if I'll be off work and school. Hopefully I can go. That would be really cool.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Glad to hear from you again! Your flock is so pretty! The budgie in the last pic just glows green with that flash :giggle:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Chris -

Here's a link to the flyer for the fair. I think it's $4.00 to get in. The speakers and classes are included in that amount. It's held on a Saturday and Sunday, so maybe you can hit it one of those days!

http://www.gatewayparrotclub.org/Fair/Default.htm

It's a great fair!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.