Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined the group! I have a rosey bourke male named Buddy and a male senegal named Stanley.

Buddy is a quiet little guy but once he gets started, he just wolf whistles constantly! That's all, nothing else. I got him in April, have no idea how old he is.

Stanley is 2 now and talks up a storm but he can be nasty as heck! Loves having his head scratched. Has a weird habit of putting seeds under his wing! Of course when he moves, they fall out! Have no idea why he does this! If anyone knows, please let me know.

Have a great day!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Hey Joy, welcome to the forum :D

I have no idea at all why Stanley does that :lol:

please do show us pictures if you can, we love them :)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Welcome to the forum Joy.
When I joined this forum, about two years ago, I had a rosey bourkes female, named Stanley. (We were originally told she was a he.) We had had Stanley for only a few months. I also had a female senegal, named Roni. I think the similarities here are amazing. :cool:
Stanley, our bourkes, is the sweetest bird ever, although I have some other birds who tie with her. She says "pretty, pretty, pretty bird" and "step up" and sings the most beautiful songs in the morning and at evening. I am told that females do NOT talk, but Stanley didn't read the rules about that. Everyone I know who has a bourkes male reports that it eventually talks, but that is no guarantee that Buddy will, of course. However, don't give up, because male bourkes usually do talk.

Roni, my senegal, is very sweet with me - and ornery as anything with everyone else. Well, I take that back, because she also is sweet with our avian vet. She used to talk a lot more than she does now, but she can say a few phrases.

As you can see from my signature, I didn't stop with a bourkes and a senegal. ;)

I hope you enjoy the forum. I have.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
:welcome: to the forum!! Some birds just do strange things with their food, it becomes a habit, almost a compulsion. We had a goffin's cockatoo who rolled pellet down his back and tried to catch it in his beak. He did it with every pellet in his dish :smash: I've seen other birds do similar things as well, it's just a personality quirk some birds seem to develop

·
Registered
204 Posts
Welcome to the forum! That's too funny about the seeds....the weirdest thing CC does is eat all the red pellets first, then all the orange, then the green, and leaves the yellow behind.

Hope you enjoy it here!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.