Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I'm new to talk parrots just a little introduction I'm 25 years old I own several birds 5 budgies 1 cockatiel and last but definatley not least 1 indian ringneck called zeus, I don't know the sex but I think its a boy he's a blue ringneck he's only 10 weeks old he's a beauty I'll post some pics up of him soon :). Looking forward to talking to you all, sammy

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Greetings and welcome to TP forum. I agree with jess IRNs are the best....hang on a sec! but I say that about every birds :p :lol:, looking forward to see some of your pictures.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Welcome, Samantha. Glad you decided to join us!

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
:welcome: to the forum! The advantage with IRN's is they're sexually dimorphic so, once s/he gets a little older and has his/her first molt, you'll be able to see if it's male or female :)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Welcome to the forum :D love to see some pics. Yeah after your IRNs first moult you should be able to tell whether or not it is male or female so you won't have to wait forever to find out haha

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh that's good I got told you can't tell the sex till 3 years old I got my irn at a bargain £15 I paid for it that's all the breeder said I can have another one soon hopefully a lutino irn :D

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
you can kina tell after the first moult, if there is a start of a black ring then its a male but the only thing is is that some times the ring only starts to form after the second or third moult. if s/he isa male then by 3 years of age the ring will be there
hope that helps

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
wow £15 is cheap. The cheapest I've seen them over here (not hand tame) is £80!

and congrats on getting a second :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I got it wrong not a lutino irn an albino an all white one I'm getting hopefully :D I thought £15 was a bargain but the guy only breeds them for the birds not the money he said,I met the mum and dad of zeus his daddys blue and his mummy is grey there so sweet lol

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Breeding them for the birds is far better :) where abouts is this breeder because I'd love to know if he had any I could perhaps look into hehe? and albinos, grey and blues are my favourite colours :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
He lives near me in the wilmslow area and he has greys blues and white one he also has a yellow and red one but he won't sell that its really violent lol it is cute though haha : D

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
a red one!?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah its real its lovely aswell its definately a ringneck apart from red and yellow it flew into my mates face soon as we stepped into the avairy lol :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.