Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only my birds that have feet problems! First it was Old Man she ended up dieing because of it ****** had feet problems when he was a baby now Lil Joey has a swollen foot. This is getting radiculas.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I don't know what it would be but I know birds of prey can get bumble foot. Often caused by bad perching, but I've seen you perches and they're all very good, so I doubt it would be that

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know what it would be but I know birds of prey can get bumble foot. Often caused by bad perching, but I've seen you perches and they're all very good, so I doubt it would be that
I though bumble foot happens when a baby is in the nest and the droppings build up on it's foot.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Not that I am aware of. From my experience with the bops it's bad perching. The foot becomes swollen and infected.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Just looked it up, there is a possibility that it is bumble foot. And birds can get it through bad diet and perches, but we know what you feed yours so I am unsure

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just looked it up, there is a possibility that it is bumble foot. And birds can get it through bad diet and perches, but we know what you feed yours so I am unsure
I don't think it's bumble foot I think he got it caught on something. Heres a video
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTAvfauleZM"]YouTube - Lil Joey[/nomedia]

·
Registered
339 Posts
Bumble foot happens also when birds don't have enough varied perches. Like when they only have dowel perches.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bumble foot happens also when birds don't have enough varied perches. Like when they only have dowel perches.
My birds have all sorts of perches from comfy to sanded to grape vine

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
He does seem to be a bit distressed about the foot - shaking and biting at it. I couldn't really see the foot, though. Have you decided that he caught it on something? Does it seem to have any open sores? Does it look like something is broken?

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
My birds have all sorts of perches from comfy to sanded to grape vine
Yeah, I remember those pictures you posted of all your perches. Are you watching to make sure these birds are using all of the perches you've provided for them?

Maybe get checked out by a vet, or do some more research to see what it might be. Take everything into account.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I checked him this morning and there was blood everywhere so he picked at it I can't get to a vet due to I can't get out of my driveway and have no car. :(

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
When the vet cut my kakarikis claws the last time he didn't do it very well and hit the blood, so he put silver nitrate on it. I think you can buy it. Worth a shot. How is he doing now?

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
wait, is he missing a toe?

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Minnie is missing a toe nail. I wonder if that ever affects her perching.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.