Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Am Trying To Tame My One Goffin Cockatoo Tiki He Has Built Some Trust And Comes Up To Cage For Kisses And Head Scratches But Freaks When I Get him near my hand or a perch should i towel him to let him know that i am a ok person and talk to him and pet him? The other Goffin Tyson Is Tame But just not Tiki and tyson doesn't step up and they haven't made noise yet! Tyson told me hello yesterday

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I wouldn't try toweling at all right now, I believe that is more than likely to freak him out more! Try offering treats through the bars and get him used to your hands that way

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I second Daisy's post. Offer treats first and see if he will take them from your hands through the cage bars. Let us know how that goes - if it goes at all.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks alot i need as much info as possible he bit me really hard
I am keeping the feather plucker tyson and he is tame but Tiki isn't but i found a home for him

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
That's good :)

Cockatoo bites are VERY painful. An umbrella bit me and I'm not kidding I yelped like a dog when you step on its paw :( !!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea tiki bit me on finger today and it hurt so bad!! It looks like 2 fang bites but he found a good home with a guy that has a Amazon and had a goffin for 40 years!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
that's great

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.