Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gran bought A FRESH SEASONAL CUT FRUIT bowl for my 4 year old cousins birthday (which was today) so, when I pulled it out I noticed that there was pineapple in it. Now I know that there allowed pineapple but, it's a diff style of pine apple theres also other things in that I am wondering if there ok for our little feathered friends. For tiels as well as budgies

Here they are:

Pineapple(CostaRicca), Cantaloupe, Honeydew, and Strawberries. However the Pineapple,cantaloupe and honeydew does not have any skin on it.

If they are safe then I'm gonna go cut some up after finding out that they are, I plan on giving them some but, if a few of them arent I wont.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Yep - all 100% safe!! Just watch the amount of fruit you give, as too much will give them diarrhea same as us :giggle: A good ratio is a serving of fruit no larger than their head at a time

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep - all 100% safe!! Just watch the amount of fruit you give, as too much will give them diarrhea same as us :giggle: A good ratio is a serving of fruit no larger than their head at a time

Belive me I do watch the amount of fruit I give. If we have any they always get the fruit and vegi's at least once a week on different days.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Jenny,
Thanks for the advice about a serving the size of their heads. That is easy to remember.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Yes, all safe!!

What I like to do is research online and in books then type up and print quick reference sheets, such as lists of safe and unsafe foods, safe and unsafe materials, procedures to take when in an emergency with your birds, other things such as that. I'll hang them up near my bird cages and therefore I have a quick reference when I'm in doubt. It's really great. I also make to do lists with bird related things as well as a schedule. It helps a lot.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
My birds get a mix of pineapple, strawberry, peach and mango about twice a week. Just a little though! I buy a big bag of Dole's frozen fruit at Sam's or Wal-Mart and defrost as needed, cut up into small pieces and serve. They love it! It lasts a long time -- if I can keep my husband out of it! LOL!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.