Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met Freddie yesterday, and it was love ar first sight for both of us. He flew immediately to my shoulder, said Hello, How are you?, and I was hooked. I watched how the owners handled him, and although he "beaks" when they asked him to do something he didn't really want to do, he does not bite. I took my daughter, sister, and husband with me, as I wanted to see if he was as friendly as they said, and he certainly was. He spent time on everyone's shoulder, and asked for head scratches from me and my daughter. Of course, we did as he asked.

He did grab my sister's glasses by the earpiece, and I stepped in immediately, told him to step up, which he did. Again, a little beaking but no pressure.

When we picked him up this AM, he again flew immediately to my shoulder, and said Hello, How are you? He stayed on my shoulder while the people chatted, and looked after the business end. When the owner tried to take him off me, he made it clear that he didn't want to leave me. He beaked her, and then grabbed my ear, which I have to admit had me a little worried
...but he applied no pressure. He was just trying to hold on...

They placed him in the carrier, and he made a fuss, and fought it. They are very firm with him, and they advised me to be as well.

He's been chatting all day, asking for kisses, and telling me he wants a shower. I promised him one first thing in the morning!!!LOL!!!

He smells absolutely delicious!!! It's kind off a cross between Evening Phlox, and Hyacinth....I could just eat him up!!!:giggle:

·
Registered
339 Posts
That sounds great! :)
He sounds like a great bird, and its wonderful he only beaks!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'm so excited, I could dance!!!

Pictures tomorrow....He wants his shower first!!!

He really is an awesome bird! His vocabulary is absolutely mind blowing. He's been saying Hello, Hello Freddie, How are you, Gimme a kiss, Freddie's a good bird, Freddie's a pretty bird, Freddie wants a shower, I'm right here...there's more but I probably need to write it all down to remember.

He whispers Hello Freddie in the softest little whisper, which is the cutest thing you've ever heard. He made a hiccup sound, and when I said "Freddie, do you have hiccups", he replied I don't think so!!! Honestly, I'm absolutely flabbergasted!!!

He's very well trained from what I can see....

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Sharron, his vocab is amazing! Sounds like his owners did everything right, you have to be firm but loving with those guys, or they'll bully you around! :giggle: He sounds like an absolute doll!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think that Freddie and I should get along just fine. I tend to have a firm hand, loving but firm, with Levi as well...as he seems to need that too. I'm so glad I didn't "chicken out" with Freddie, as I was tempted to do.....

·
Registered
339 Posts
Wow, he has a huge vocabulary!
Thats awesome!!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I'm excited for you. He sounds just like what you were seeking.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He is indeed...I'm so glad I didn't "chicken out" as I almost did.:)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
OK, we are ready for more info. :lol:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
That sounds like an amazing bird!! It still surprises and amazes me whenever I hear a talking bird. He seems like he'd be a sweetheart, I'm very happy for you. I hope you have some good times with him!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
He sounds lovely! I hope you guys have fun :lovehearts:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.