Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We finally got our beautiful linnies!
They're called Cheech and Chong, they're both green, they have hatched and raised their own chicks, they were being bullied by the kakarikis at the ladies house so she wanted to let them breed alone.

When I got them the one bit my hand SO hard I actually screamed. Probably one of the nastiest bites I've ever had! The thing didn't let go :eek:

They've settled in really well already!

I LOVE how they have big googly eyes, they're very very cute :biggrin5:

And I really love the way they stomp around like little dinosaurs hehe!

I did take a couple of pictures but they move around a lot! So they're not great.

Also as a greeting the one did a great big poop on my head :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they're a breeding pair. And I'll co-parent the babies. I'm planning on keeping one for my self haha :p

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
:giggle: Welcome to the world of linnies! When they DO decide to bite, they mean business! But they're not known for being biters

·
Registered
993 Posts
aww thet are so cute cant wait to see the eggs! I wanted a linnie a couple years back but it never haqppened

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Daisy,
I love them.
I've never been bitten by a linnie. I've only handled five total. None of them bit, even the one who was very afraid of hands. Our Elisa never bites.
I don't think I ever want to feel a linnie bite. Can you compare it to the bite of another bird? Is it worse than the bite of a small conure? Perhaps you've never had a small conure bite you, either, lol.
Now you really do have to check out the linnie forum. There are several members on that forum from the UK who routinely co-parent their babies.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Your linnies are adorable they look like they wouldn't hurt a fly. I woudn't mind a Linnie but just don't have time for one any time soon.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha thanks guys. It wasn't a bite on purpose, like they didn't attack me. I had to get it out of the ladies cage and into my travel thing. So that's why I had the bite. I'd say I'd rather be nipped by a macaw haha! I might check out the forum soon! And Jessie, I love them already, I think you would too :p

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hehe yeah! They're wonderful

·
Registered
993 Posts
There a really nice size too haha ive gotta wait till I move out. my dad says no more birds, hopefully that will be soon;)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha fair enough :) I have no regrets buying them and I can't wait to co-parent a clutch :D

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know right Jenny!

And I wish you could have one! Thank you :biggrin5: I'm so keeping a baby :p

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Bob,
My linnie gets along really well with grass keets. There are breeders on the linnie forum. Some are probably close to you. :giggle:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I don't see why you don't search for one Bob ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.