Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being as I'm going to be moving Joey and Tobi out of the huge cage into another cage in a different room (perhaps in the bird room) I have a spare cage. My birthday is coming up in October so I wont have long to wait but I was going to ask my nan and granddad for the money to buy my self a new bird and to be able to get toys and everything else I'll need.

I was browsing around earlier and I found a breeder of green cheek conures. He currently has 4 babies, 1 normal and 3 yellow sided. They're all hand fed/tame and are super cuddly and are adorable in the pictures I've been sent. He is selling the normal colours for £90 and the yellow-sided for £100. He doesn't live too far from me either. About an hour and a half I'd say. His breeding birds are currently on eggs again so they should be ready for me in a few months time. I think I'm going to get one :biggrin5:

I plan on getting a yellow-sided. I really can't wait. I'm going to have another chat about with with my grandparents tonight and see if we can make arrangements with the breeder!

I'm super excited, I hope everything goes to plan!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Congrats, I know you will love a little Yellow Sided. I am partial to them. Maxx is an absolute joy to be around. If they are on a clutch now, the timing would be almost perfect for your birthday.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Oh boy! Wonderful!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys :D and yeah Bob it's very perfect timing

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
If you're getting your GCC from the Staffordshire breeder on Preloved.co.uk, his birds are super tame/silly tame. I got Cinnamon GCC from him. He's Perfect!:biggrin5:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes Tippa that is the one :D

did he deliver to your home?

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Wow.. The GCC at my pet store is $500 Canadian!

That one is only $130 Canadian. Wow

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I paid $250 American for my Pineapple and thought I was getting a bargain (still do, but I'm in love!). I've seen them on line for as much as $400!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guys :)

and yeah Tippa we have one, we don't live too far from Staffs so I should be okay :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
I knew you'd get one eventually! I'm picking mine up this weekend. I paid a bit more for mine, $300. It seems everything costs more around here. I trust the place I'm getting him/her from so I'm okay with that.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I hope all works out for you, Daisy.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I paid 100 american for my pineapple from a breeder... all the gcc were the same price no matter if regular green or mutation.
That is just an amazing price. My breeder charges $179 for the regular and $229 for the Pineapple and Cinnamon. She doesn't breed Yellow Sided. All of the birds she had available were older birds so I had to find someone else.

I got Maxx from a Bird Store, she buys from a private breeder in state, and they are all hand fed, and hand tame. She charges $249 for the Regular, and $299 for the mutations.

2 other Bird stores charge $350 regular, and $450 for the mutations.

For $100 a bird you should become a broker and buy and ship :)

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
congrats daisy , i hope everything goes to plan:hug: . i really want a gcc but no more birds till i move out :(

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
She had a huge house filled with birds of all kinds... she works full time also and lives by herself. Her breeder birds were in the basement but I didn't have time to go look at them.... ( I spent almost 1 hour looking at all the birds upstairs with hubby waiting in the car...lol) She took me around and showed me all her birds upstairs... canaries , finches, green cheek babies, rainbow lorikeet babies, an african grey baby, amazon baies... brooders full of babies... a teensy tiny parrotlet boy and then showed me in her bathroom an incubator with amazon eggs in it... and candled the eggs to show me the babies... one was close to hatching and she showed me the baby moving inside of it... I could of spent days exploring there! She had a yellow sided a normal and 3 pineapples all 3 months old and all for $100. each... they were supposed to go to a pet store along with the african grey , but the store went out of business and never even let her know... so here she was sitting on these babies thinking they were sold and they were not... she sold my baby to me for the same price the pet store would of given her.. They were all pretty tame and very clean, her house was just about spotless with dozens of birds in it.. no feathers or seed hulls on the floor... and the cages were all clean and tidy. All the birds looked fantastically healthy and she was very friendly and so eager to show me all her birds. It was a great experience.. but I fear she will not be breeding much longer as her hubby has passed ( I don't know how long ago) and it is hard for her to do alone and work also... her kids want her to get out of the breeding business.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
ParrotletsRock - Wow! I can't imagine how much work she has on her hands!

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Me either Jo.. I wish I lived in her town... I could make a deal with her on helping her clean and feed and help her sell them... but alas it is a 30 minute drive away but she seemed to be a great lady !

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.