Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was sat in my living room earlier watching a movie with my grandmother, and some man rings the bell. I'd never seen him in my life but apparently my granddad knew him.
He tells me that he has two birds that nobody wants and they need to be rehomed real fast. They came with a cage and some toys and food etc. They're both males and are 6 months old. They're brother budgies :giggle:
I really didn't know what to do, and I just said no because I thought it was unfair on my nan. Nan turns around and says "Why not? who else is going to have them?" so I ended up chasing the man up the road in his car. I asked him how much he wanted me to pay for them and he said he didn't want anything. So I ended up saying yes. Well, of course I did. You guys should know me by now :lol:
The blue one (who I've named Tom) is opaline and the other one (Alfie) is just your average wild green colour. They're really pretty little guys. Very chatty hehe.
They had been bought for these two little girls (who were twins!) and they ended up wanting nothing to do with them and they didn't know anything about them. Then they were offered to another member of their family but then he fell ill, and then they were asked to be given to a friend of theirs who ended up changing their mind. So then they came to me! Haha.
They've settled in great already and I had them eating millet out of my hand. I've also given them some nice fresh greens because I do believe they'd only ever been fed seeds.
They gave me a bag with some extra perches, food, little toys (well... mirrors) and a huge parrot cage bowl (I don't quite get why but it will go in my new cage :shrug:).
The cage they gave me is a little bit small in my opinion so I'm probably going to start looking for a bigger one soon, though they do seem very happy in the one they're in.

I've taken a few pictures of them for you :thumbsup: some are really bad quality 'cause they had been taken on my phone

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Jenny :)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Did your grandparents know the gentleman was bringing the birds? They are adorable.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Sally and Nanay! No they did not know haha! My granddads on holiday at the moment so when he gets back he's got a surprise xD

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks ^^

with some encouragement I actually got them right on my finger and out the cage, they've been snuggling up to my neck all night! They're the best hehe :lol:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thats a great story! They are beautiful. Good for you for taking them in! It sounds like you literally have them eating out of your hand. :)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
April: thank you very much :)
Julie; thank you haha! That made me giggle
Teresa: thanks! They're not just eating out my hands now, they're stepping up and asking for scritches too hehehe!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thank you Jess! I've got them flying to me from across the room now, they can't get enough of my company ;)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Wonderful news, Daisy.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks nanay, if you look on my profile you'll see them on me in my new picture hehe!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Love the pictures, too.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks haha!

·
Registered
115 Posts
April: thank you very much :)
Julie; thank you haha! That made me giggle
Teresa: thanks! They're not just eating out my hands now, they're stepping up and asking for scritches too hehehe!
You sound like a bird whisperer to me! I've never seen budgies that would just step right up as soon as they meet somebody. My little nephew came to my house for thanksgiving and he literally walked up to my budgies that I had at the time and picked them right up. I'd never been able to handle them!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.