Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have over 25 budgies plus the tiels and finches and I'm gonna sell over Half I only want my 3 inos piper banjo lil Joey and Shiloh and Dilly. if I want to pick up breeding in a few years I could away go back to it as for tiels I only want my pearly and peaches. The 3 finches can go. I want to save for something I not gonna say what since I don't need rude comments about it. I don't have a job it's hard to pay for food for all them bad enough I got poultry to feed as well. Fewer numbers will be allot less stressfull on me.
And as for the amazon and the new budgies that was a joke. I don't even like English budgies. And the amazon was very friendly I just didn't have 1,000$ for a five year old bird. I'm not that stupid to say I don't want my birds then get something I have no experience with. :) if I had the money I would of bought him.
That prolly won't help since everyone already hates me. But oh well.
Time to do a serious downsize even though it will be hard.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I dont hate hate you Julia I think its a good idea to downsize sometimes you just need to take a break for a while, I hope you enjoy the babies you have left, good luck :)

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
good luck , and i think down sizing will help with the stress and i dont hate you , you confuse me but i dont hate or even dislike you

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I don't know you to hate you... but I also am very confused by you... I wish you luck in rehoming your birds and hope you find what makes you happy!

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Julia - no one hates you. We're just concerned for you as any supporting community would be. This forum, like the linnie forum and the Talk forums, has been blessed with loving and supporting members. It's still in it's early stages, but well on it's way to becoming a network of people who are dear friends and almost like family. I can't speak for the Talk forums as I'm not an active member, but on the linnie forum we are a family. Everyone is very close and very supportive, through thick and thin. Personal problems outside birds are brought up on the forum when people just want love and support. Like I said, this forum is in it's early stages, but I can feel that sense of community starting to form and everyone is very supportive. Trust me when I say the forum network Nick and Dave have created is far kinder than any others out there; on any other bird forum, they would have bit your head off for buying new birds. I know, because it's been done to me.

So please don't feel as though we hate you in any way, we're just concerned for you. You were so upset and so burnt out with birds in your last thread, I truly sympathized and felt for you because that's a terrible place to be and a horrible feeling. I will say, and this is a 100% personal opinion? My personal sympathy and desire to help and comfort you has definitely dropped because of that joke thread. You cannot expect people to sympathize with you and ask for their comfort and support on one hand then turn, post something you know will upset them and make them concerned for you, and then complain that they're concerned and complain that people aren't responding to it.

I do have to say though, as a Moderator and Staff member of this forum, that playing jokes like that on the forum, just to antagonize people, really aren't the way to handle any problems you have, with yourself, with individual members, or with the forum as a whole. Please refrain from it in the future, there's no place for that on this forum. If you have a problem with the forum or have any issues, please PM myself, Abby, Nanay, Nick, or Dave and we will help you however we can. But do not antagonize other members intentionally through your threads.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm new here and probably shouldn't say anything at all, but I have to agree with Jenny. I read your post and found myself quite disturbed. I understand that I don't know you well enough to know that you were joking. IMO, to read about someone who needs to relinquish multiple birds and then talks about breeding just didn't sit well.

Don't get me wrong. I'm NOT judging you harshly for rehoming your birds. I truly believe that if the birds are causing you stress then they can feel that too and will perhaps thrive in another home where they don't feel the stress. Birds are very intune to that ~ at least I know my Amy is. Birds are ALOt of work and I commend you for having taken care of as many as you have, for as long as you have ~ trust me, I know that I couldn't do that.

In my heart I am hopeful that you were really joking about returning to breeding or purchasing new/different birds.
Truly, Best Wishes for you and your flock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am new here as well and I am just totally disturbed by this whole thing. I have some not very nice things to say, but will definately refrain. Jenny, you said it perfectly. Thanks for being a voice of calm and reasoning. You could not have said it better.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Thanks, Jenny, I totally agree with you.

Reactions: Jenny
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.