706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If Anna can have one, so should I.

• Love
Reactions: Mr Peepers

·
Super Moderator
6,319 Posts
We have 2 families of these guys at our place fighting over the feeder. 4 birds total.

View attachment 24388

This is amazing! I'm so envious of you and your little zoom zoom birbs. They can be so territorial when they have a food source and don't want to share. It must be fun watching them freak out and fly at each other. I particularly love when they sit on a limb of a branch and shower when its raining. You can see them fluttering all their feathers and making sure everything gets washed and wet while they preen.

Such cool teeny tiny little birbs!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"What would we call your Hummingbird Sweet Pea?"

There! That's it! It's perfect!
Personally, I think it would be funny if my little bird was called HumBug. I used to eat those sweet brown-striped candies as a child, as they were a staple at my grandparents' house.

There was a time when I had scarlet bee balm flowers planted in my garden, and the little hummingbirds just loved them. Another name for these flowers, a member of the mint family, is Oswego Tea -- and I would harvest the leaves and blossoms for tea, as they have a similar flavor and scent as Earl Grey tea.

So, little HumBug how do you drink your Oswego Tea? I believe she likes it straight up -- without cream and sugar. ☕

Reactions: Mr Peepers

·
Super Moderator
6,319 Posts
Personally, I think it would be funny if my little bird was called HumBug. I used to eat those sweet brown-striped candies as a child, as they were a staple at my grandparents' house.

There was a time when I had scarlet bee balm flowers planted in my garden, and the little hummingbirds just loved them. Another name for these flowers, a member of the mint family, is Oswego Tea -- and I would harvest the leaves and blossoms for tea, as they have a similar flavor and scent as Earl Grey tea.

So, little HumBug how do you drink your Oswego Tea? I believe she likes it straight up -- without cream and sugar. ☕

HUMBUG it is!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts