Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
I wonder if it keeps other birds away?
Or cats?

This iconic sculpture could be at any park, but the colour and shape of the french fry container certainly speaks "McDonalds." And depending on the size of this ravenous raven, it might deter other birbs or kitties -- but I believe it all depends on scale. Otherwise, pigeons just might choose its head as an ideal perching spot.
I rather enjoy the look of this sculpture -- the angles and planes making up the birb's form remind me of origami paper folding -- and I can remember folding a fancy raven similar to this one, long time ago as a pre-teen. But mine was sans french fries.

Reactions: Mr Peepers

·
Super Moderator
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This iconic sculpture could be at any park, but the colour and shape of the french fry container certainly speaks "McDonalds." And depending on the size of this ravenous raven, it might deter other birbs or kitties -- but I believe it all depends on scale. Otherwise, pigeons just might choose its head as an ideal perching spot.
I rather enjoy the look of this sculpture -- the angles and planes making up the birb's form remind me of origami paper folding -- and I can remember folding a fancy raven similar to this one, long time ago as a pre-teen. But mine was sans french fries.
I like the origami feel of this raven/crow also .... its a little overcast in the photo and I wondered if the angles on the back of the head would maybe reflect light in a prism type form or sort of like the florescent colors in pigeons heads and the chests of hummingbirds where it sparkles. It would be an interesting thing to view .... but alas ... this was not what the artist had in mind. I would have totally added a ton of damn sparkles to the head.

In the meantime ... I google searched this large arse birb and found it made a home in Auburn Washington ... it has quite the interesting website with a couple of youtube clips to click on should you wish.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I like the origami feel of this raven/crow also .... its a little overcast in the photo and I wondered if the angles on the back of the head would maybe reflect light in a prism type form or sort of like the florescent colors in pigeons heads and the chests of hummingbirds where it sparkles. It would be an interesting thing to view .... but alas ... this was not what the artist had in mind. I would have totally added a ton of damn sparkles to the head.

In the meantime ... I google searched this large arse birb and found it made a home in Auburn Washington ... it has quite the interesting website with a couple of youtube clips to click on should you wish.

Hey, Mr. P.! I'm glad you sourced the park from whence this big crow sculpture came from -- in Auburn Washington. I read the article describing how/why a big crow birb was selected for the sculpture form. The artist, Peter Reiquam, has a history of designing public sculpture, and selected the crow which was " inspired here by the history of the site as well as the countless playful crows that frequent Les Gove Park. Reiquam designed the large-scale sculpture titled “Crow With Fries” that was installed in mid-May 2019 and dedicated on May 31, 2019. The sculpture is a visible landmark that encourages public interaction, with people sitting on the oversize package of sculptural french fries or posing for a selfie with this winged creature. The 12 feet tall and 18 feet long artwork was welded with precise aluminum panels and then powder coated, making this delightful sculpture incredibly durable and able to stand the test of time for the enjoyment of the Auburn community for many years to come."

HISTORY: In late 2017, the City of Auburn began the process of commissioning an artist to create an iconic public art piece for Les Gove Park to be sited on the newly renovated property of the park that extended to Auburn Way South. The site was identified in the 2015 Les Gove Master Plan as a potential location for something iconic to serve as a canvas to help announce the park to cars driving by on Auburn Way South. The site was formerly a Triple XXX Root Beer Drive-In and then Big Daddy’s Drive-In. The property was purchased by the City in 2014 using a 50% matching grant from King Conservation Futures.

In fact, the city of Auburn, Washington held a celebration around this Crow With Fries sculpture, which even included musicians serenading the big crow birb as family entertainment.

The Crow Tones AKA The Fabulous Murphtones

I've enjoyed checking out this sculpture and the artist who created it. Thanks, Mr. P., similar to the crow, it seems you are quite the mischief-maker! Merci for all the fun! 😊

Reactions: Mr Peepers

·
Super Moderator
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, Mr. P.! I'm glad you sourced the park from whence this big crow sculpture came from -- in Auburn Washington. I read the article describing how/why a big crow birb was selected for the sculpture form. The artist, Peter Reiquam, has a history of designing public sculpture, and selected the crow which was " inspired here by the history of the site as well as the countless playful crows that frequent Les Gove Park. Reiquam designed the large-scale sculpture titled “Crow With Fries” that was installed in mid-May 2019 and dedicated on May 31, 2019. The sculpture is a visible landmark that encourages public interaction, with people sitting on the oversize package of sculptural french fries or posing for a selfie with this winged creature. The 12 feet tall and 18 feet long artwork was welded with precise aluminum panels and then powder coated, making this delightful sculpture incredibly durable and able to stand the test of time for the enjoyment of the Auburn community for many years to come."

View attachment 24348

HISTORY: In late 2017, the City of Auburn began the process of commissioning an artist to create an iconic public art piece for Les Gove Park to be sited on the newly renovated property of the park that extended to Auburn Way South. The site was identified in the 2015 Les Gove Master Plan as a potential location for something iconic to serve as a canvas to help announce the park to cars driving by on Auburn Way South. The site was formerly a Triple XXX Root Beer Drive-In and then Big Daddy’s Drive-In. The property was purchased by the City in 2014 using a 50% matching grant from King Conservation Futures.

In fact, the city of Auburn, Washington held a celebration around this Crow With Fries sculpture, which even included musicians serenading the big crow birb as family entertainment.

View attachment 24349
The Crow Tones AKA The Fabulous Murphtones

I've enjoyed checking out this sculpture and the artist who created it. Thanks, Mr. P., similar to the crow, it seems you are quite the mischief-maker! Merci for all the fun! 😊
I am impressed you checked out the link and filled us in with all things CROW with us ... LOL at the band the Fabulous Murphtones to spread the crow love.

Now I wanna go there and eat fries while sitting on the big arse packet of fries and get my picture snapped. With my luck I will be attacked by a zombie ravenous pack of crows who want my fries to put in their mouths so they look like they are smoking.

Zombie crows ... yeah!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts