Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a sun conure in the garden :yikes:

it got totally spooked by me and flew off... but there was a sun conure... in my garden... what the!?

I wish I'd gotten hold of it, it didn't have an ID ring on though...

we've had some strange appearances today, a sun conure, a Eurasian buzzard sat on the pond and a crow that had a lot of white on it :shrug:

what's going on :confused: hahahaha :lol:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Put a spare cage, if you have one, outside or at least a wide, shallow dish of parrot seed. If he comes back, he can have a good snack and perhaps go in the cage and you can find his owner :thumbsup: Do you have any birds you can put outside for an hour or two and see if the noise attracts him over?

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jenny he went as soon as I walked out + all my birds are outside in aviaries :( he was around until I went outside and then he was gone! I wish I could have helped him :(

·
Registered
993 Posts
hes probably attracted by your other birds, so maybe hell come back, we can only hope :)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope so!

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Wow! That's really kind of funny and random. Too bad you couldn't catch him. :/

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know right :lol:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Years ago there was a cockatiel on the telegraph wire outside my house, I tried whistling him down, showed him seed/millet, he flew off in a big circle then came back. A bloomin car came past and spooked him off again. I went out round the streets whistling and searching, nothing. I hope he got tired and was found. My stepdad once had a situation where a cockatiel flew in through the kitchen window, turned out he was from the next street so sometimes it works out okay.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
awh bless him, I wish I could have gotten him

·
Registered
768 Posts
I found a budgie when i was 12 or 13 in the park i took him home and called him parker lol
I had a budgie called bounty then
Park had budgies canarys and goats back then, now they dont i think they have the goats there im not sure as its not good as it used to be

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
we found a lovebird once :lol:

·
Registered
768 Posts
Its a nice feeling when you find something and give all the love to them (of what i can remember years ago lol)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah haha. We called him Houdini because he was the perfect escape artist haha. Unfortunately when I was very young he undid the door on his cage and off he went :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
There's a sun conure in the garden :yikes:

it got totally spooked by me and flew off... but there was a sun conure... in my garden... what the!?

I wish I'd gotten hold of it, it didn't have an ID ring on though...

we've had some strange appearances today, a sun conure, a Eurasian buzzard sat on the pond and a crow that had a lot of white on it :shrug:

what's going on :confused: hahahaha :lol:
thats an odd one ahah

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know right! Haha

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Years ago, a neighbor had a beautiful Cockatiel land on his HEAD!!! He brought the bird to me because he knew I had Cockatiels at that time. "Lucky" was with us for many years!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
that's so cool!

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
we found a sick african grey on our door step and we took him to the avian vet and sadly he died two days later

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Awh that's sad :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.