Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PUPPY!!!!! It's the cutest little thing ever! It's a girl and her name will be Shasta
shes only 6 days old so I gotta wait but gives me time to study up on training.
If anyone has tips on training let me know.
Btw...The breed she is is a Cocker Spaniel. :)

Here's some pics

With one of her sisters

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Aww! So cute! You are so lucky! Puppies make everything better. My dog is half Cocker Spaniel, half poodle. She's not the smartest thing around... :lol:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aww! So cute! You are so lucky! Puppies make everything better. My dog is half Cocker Spaniel, half poodle. She's not the smartest thing around... :lol:
My mom use to have a cockapoo and it was very aggressive I got bitten by it before. I don't want mine to turn out mean. :)

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Samantha (my cockapoo) can sometimes get aggressive, she usually only growls when she's trying to protect me or when my little siblings bug her. She never bites me or growls at me, though. Ever! (Hehe, I'm her favorite...)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I've got an over protective border collie :lol: if anybody touches me he gets real mad.

But congrats on your puppy! It's gorgeous!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Awe, she is soooooooooooo cute! I love cockers.

The first dog that was really mine was a cocker spaniel. I bought her with my own money when I was sixteen. I had been begging my parents to let me get a dog to show in 4-H for several years. My grandmother finally persuaded them to allow me to get her, lol. She was nearly the same color as your Shasta, but a little lighter. Her name was Jewel. I did train her and show her in 4-H, and later I also showed her in AKC obedience trials. She was very sweet with me, but when my older sister had a baby, she was not trustworthy around the crawling baby. At that time, I also discovered that she was not actually trusthworthy around anyone crawling. Somehow, crawling people scared her.

Later, as a very young adult, I had a sheltland sheepdog named Shasta. I love that name.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awe, she is soooooooooooo cute! I love cockers.

The first dog that was really mine was a cocker spaniel. I bought her with my own money when I was sixteen. I had been begging my parents to let me get a dog to show in 4-H for several years. My grandmother finally persuaded them to allow me to get her, lol. She was nearly the same color as your Shasta, but a little lighter. Her name was Jewel. I did train her and show her in 4-H, and later I also showed her in AKC obedience trials. She was very sweet with me, but when my older sister had a baby, she was not trustworthy around the crawling baby. At that time, I also discovered that she was not actually trusthworthy around anyone crawling. Somehow, crawling people scared her.

Later, as a very young adult, I had a sheltland sheepdog named Shasta. I love that name.
My lil Shasta didn't cost me a penny beside the basic stuff I gotta go get :)
and I like the name Shasta to. In the future I want to get a husky
if you ever seen the movie Snow Buddies thats where I got the name. :)

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Oh my gosh...she is beyond adorable! You must be so happy to be getting such a cutie! :giggle:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I want a Basset Hound. That or a really, really huge dog. :p

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
She is growing fast. Congratulations!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
What cute dog! Hehe I hope everything is going okay. I'd like a Siberian husky, but I'm far more into Japanese Akita. But if I was really pushing it I'd like a wolfdog hehe. I'm really into all of the dogs that look like wolves haha

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What cute dog! Hehe I hope everything is going okay. I'd like a Siberian husky, but I'm far more into Japanese Akita. But if I was really pushing it I'd like a wolfdog hehe. I'm really into all of the dogs that look like wolves haha
Considering I'm not a big dog fan I'm not of a cat person there's only a few breeds I like. :)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I love most things animal :lol:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I had two cats when I was young, but we ended up giving them away. My parents don't like cats, we only ever buy dogs. (And birds, of course!) ;)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I had two cats when I was young, but we ended up giving them away. My parents don't like cats, we only ever buy dogs. (And birds, of course!) ;)
My mom use to breed cockers and had over 20 then had to rehome them all due to the neighbors now my sister lives in my old house and the neighbors are still at it they release one of her dogs. They use to hit pots and pans to get them to bark. After like 12 years I live there to now I'm amazed they never moved. I use to have allot of cats to the last two I had the neighbor across the street from me now got rid of them without my permission.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Super cute :)

I want a husky or a westhighland terrier cos they are super cute!

My former loverboy's border collie was over protective of him lol. Was jealous of me.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.