Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rCiRa9hfCE&feature=player_embedded#"]Hyacinth Macaw getting a head rub - YouTube[/nomedia]!

Somebody, get me a hyacinth macaw!? :p That is soooo cute!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
That lady is SOOOO LUCKY!!!!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Wow... so beautiful! There is a person with an add on hoobly(michigan) that has one just hatched. It'll be ready early next year for it's new home - asking $9,500!!! OUCH!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's cheap! :lol: I've seen them in the 12,000+ range

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
You can say that again Shelly!

·
Registered
15 Posts
This lady is on my other Parrot forum. I believe she has 2 of them. Among other large Macs if I am not mistaken.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah she does! She has a lot of awesome birds :D

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I expect most people would feel the same Kelly :lol:

·
Registered
993 Posts
Wow that is just beautiful, they almost look cartoonish because there so cute

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know they look almost fake hehe!

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
oooh, so pretty! :lovehearts: Gareth has agreed that, when we move up north and he's been working for a few years, I can be stay at home mum with our kids and breed birds... When we go up north he'll be making twice what he's making now. We're thinking a little two, maybe three bedroom house with some land and building an enclosed outdoor aviary and I wanna breed macaws ;D I'm thinking Green Wings, getting just one pair to start. I also wanna breed linnies - there aren't any linnie breeders in Washington which is where we want to settle. But I would LOVE to have a big walk in aviary with a couple of large macaws to smush on... Big macaws are just such lovers and so exuberant, I could definitely live with the noise and mess, but that's just me hehe

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Live life to the fullest Jenny!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jenny that sounds like a fantastic idea. Once I have moved out, sorted out my home and made sure everything is done, that is when I shall start adding my birds. I'm obviously going to take my birds I have now with me, and the cockatiels and lovies will get nice new cages but then I'll be slowly adding to my flock with whatever money I have left over after I've paid bills etc. I'm not sure what my first bird will be when I move out. I'd also like to start breeding parrots but I'd have to set my aviaries up in a way that my parrots couldn't see my raptors. Nothing is more upsetting to a prey animal than seeing a few hawks or eagles :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.