TalkParrots.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched the Danny DeVito-directed Comedy, Duplex, on television last night. I felt it had its funny moments early on, but lost steam as the film plot progressed. The movie starred Ben Stiller and Drew Barrymore as a young married couple looking for the perfect apartment in Brooklyn -- and ended up being landlords to an impossible old lady with a Macaw.

I think that one of the funnier moments was when Ben Stiller interacted cautiously with Little Dickie, the Macaw. His facial expressions were priceless. 🧡

And, later, when Ben Stiller and Drew Barrymore had retired to their bedroom, Ben Stiller was flipping through a large hardcover book, and exclaimed, "See? I knew a Macaw was a parrot!"

I guess that makes two of us, Ben Stiller! 😝

Reactions: Mr Peepers

·
Super Moderator
5,932 Posts
I watched the Danny DeVito-directed Comedy, Duplex, on television last night. I felt it had its funny moments early on, but lost steam as the film plot progressed. The movie starred Ben Stiller and Drew Barrymore as a young married couple looking for the perfect apartment in Brooklyn -- and ended up being landlords to an impossible old lady with a Macaw.

I think that one of the funnier moments was when Ben Stiller interacted cautiously with Little Dickie, the Macaw. His facial expressions were priceless. 🧡

And, later, when Ben Stiller and Drew Barrymore had retired to their bedroom, Ben Stiller was flipping through a large hardcover book, and exclaimed, "See? I knew a Macaw was a parrot!"

I guess that makes two of us, Ben Stiller! 😝
You can see in Ben's face he is impressed by that macaw ... its an impressive beak to deal with !

The first pic looks like the bird is instructing Ben how to do something important and is delivering the instructions so casually .... its a great pic.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can see in Ben's face he is impressed by that macaw ... its an impressive beak to deal with !

The first pic looks like the bird is instructing Ben how to do something important and is delivering the instructions so casually .... its a great pic.
Yes, indeedy-do -- isn't it wonderful that cinema can capture the nuances of an Ara macao so well? Or, perhaps it means that this particular macaw is a well-trained birb talent. I'm just glad that Little Dickie could share the space with Ben Stiller with such great comedic results. ❤️

Reactions: Mr Peepers
1 - 3 of 3 Posts