Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been finding some interesting food ads in my magazines. If you've heard of any of these and can give me any information, that would be great.

-Higgings Wordly Cuisines (HigginsPremium.com)
-Oven Fresh Bites from Caitec (www.ovenfreshbites.com)
-Oregon Feeder Insects (www.oregonfeederinsects.com)

Looks like the first one is exotic food mix stuff you cook on your stove. The second looks like it is an oven-baked diet, and the third looks like dehydrated insects.

What do you all think?

I'm very interested in them and I would love to mix some of these things into my birds' diets.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I bought the oven baked ones in the smallest size. They are sooooooo hard. My birds won't touch them.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I've never seen them before, I do however give my birds mealworms

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Birds eat bugs often in the wild, at least that's what I've read. So I really do think that the insects would be beneficial to them. The worldy cuisine thing looks more like an extra treat.

And Sally, I'm assuming you have not so good experiences with the oven baked ones?

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
At the pet shop, we would offer mealworms and waxworms to breeding finches and parakeets - they would gobble them up for the protein. Some of the bigger birds would eat them, but most just ignored them probably because they were so small :giggle: These were live tho, not dehydrated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.